• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long term fostering (boarding) help?!!

jane28

Alpha Buck
Hi, i'm wondering does anybody on here do long term boarding (could be anything up to a year)?
I would pay for all food, hay, vaccinations and any vets bills that arise during that time.
im going to be going travelling and helping with conservation in madagascar and long term boarding/ fostering is my only option with these two girlies...
I tried adoption but the right home never came along and i really didnt want to let them go if i could help it but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and i cant pass it up.
Long term boarding is the only option i can think of at this moment in time.

Will be next year sometime (dates not final yet)....

Deja i have pm'd you back...

They are outdoor with their own wendyhouse so would need a good run and large hutch area as they love their space...
Or a good bit of free running in the garden occasionally woud be fine if the boarding space was smaller than what they have...:D

Last edited:
I couldnt help really as i have no accommodation :( Sorry hun. Hope you manage to find something. If i had them here they would have to be free range house buns for a while. Let me know if you get desperate and we will sort something out xXx

Thanks Becky...
I have actually considered house training them as they are not really bothered about grass or things to nibble, just things to crawl under and through ( the gaps Bandit gets her self through is beyond me and she always gets under the kitchen cupboards the first chance she gets :roll:)... its mostly the space they have to bunny around in thats the main thing...

I suppose i have started this a bit early as im not sure exactly when next year i am gonig but i wanted to get some people in my head so it's not a last minute worry. (you're only down the road from me in Stafford as well :lol:)

Thanks Becky...
I have actually considered house training them as they are not really bothered about grass or things to nibble, just things to crawl under and through ( the gaps Bandit gets her self through is beyond me and she always gets under the kitchen cupboards the first chance she gets :roll:)... its mostly the space they have to bunny around in thats the main thing...

I suppose i have started this a bit early as im not sure exactly when next year i am gonig but i wanted to get some people in my head so it's not a last minute worry. (you're only down the road from me in Stafford as well :lol:)

Its along time away then :lol: As i said, if nothing else comes up we will see what we can arrange :) Theres Jo at the bunnery... but i think your best looking for a long term fosterer, as boarding would cost an absolute fortune i think :? Unless they did some sort of seriously special rate? :?

Are they both healthy bunnies? How old are they? :) xXx

Yep they are both healthy approx 3 years old, sisters, spayed, vacc... eat healthily and very easy to feed as they only like about 4 types of veg, hay and SS pellets :lol:
They are both deaf however it causes no problems, just they cant hear things coming but are not nervous in any way due to it...

I did think about the bunnery but it would be a long time for them to be there you are right...

Im off to close them up for the night but thanks for the help so far!

They would be more than welcome here. We have regular long term boarders some up to 7 months+ at a time. We are also used to disabled buns and have been trained by our vet to administer medications including injections for diabetic customers. We have 24 hour access to our vet too:) We also offer special rates for long termers too. Pm me if interested.

Helloooo :wave:

Just bumping this post up as its getting a bit desperate at the moment!
Again just seeing if there is anyone who could look after my two babies for 6 months max as long term fosters?
I realise Holiday Hutches has posted however for some reason i cant pm you!

I cant afford the fees that boarders are charging even for long term boarding (the ones i have contacted are anywhere up to £15 a day!) but i can afford to pay for any vaccinations/vets bills that crop up during that time, all food and hay and treats for their normal day to day care.
They are outdoors however i feel they would be fine indoors as well (they will only poo and pee in one spot and only on hay).
I cant transport their accommodation because its temporary as they are at my grans.

They are 2 girls, both neutered and vaccinated, approx 4 years old and both deaf.
This doesnt affect them it just means if they run free it needs to be completely supervised and they occasionally get a fright if they dont see you coming. However it means they are great on bonfire night!
Bandit needs to be kept on certain foods only as she has a sensitive stomach and change upsets it, Smokey doesnt have any problems whatsoever.
They are both extremely inquisitive and always want to be part of the action, no problems in picking them up or giving them a cuddle. They are just very easy rabbits to have.

I really need to find them somewhere in the next 2 weeks.
Im in Manchester now and they are in the midlands so i can travel anywhere around both areas...:)

Your welcome to get in contact with us. We may be able to help.

We have had some long term boarders in, in the past, one stayed for 9 months while his mum was in Russia.

Helloooo :wave:

Just bumping this post up as its getting a bit desperate at the moment!
Again just seeing if there is anyone who could look after my two babies for 6 months max as long term fosters?
I realise Holiday Hutches has posted however for some reason i cant pm you!

I cant afford the fees that boarders are charging even for long term boarding (the ones i have contacted are anywhere up to £15 a day!) but i can afford to pay for any vaccinations/vets bills that crop up during that time, all food and hay and treats for their normal day to day care.
They are outdoors however i feel they would be fine indoors as well (they will only poo and pee in one spot and only on hay).
I cant transport their accommodation because its temporary as they are at my grans.

They are 2 girls, both neutered and vaccinated, approx 4 years old and both deaf.
This doesnt affect them it just means if they run free it needs to be completely supervised and they occasionally get a fright if they dont see you coming. However it means they are great on bonfire night!
Bandit needs to be kept on certain foods only as she has a sensitive stomach and change upsets it, Smokey doesnt have any problems whatsoever.
They are both extremely inquisitive and always want to be part of the action, no problems in picking them up or giving them a cuddle. They are just very easy rabbits to have.

I really need to find them somewhere in the next 2 weeks.
Im in Manchester now and they are in the midlands so i can travel anywhere around both areas...:)

I can assure you we charge nowhere near £15 a day and we do offer 7 days for the price of 6 too for long term boarders. If you are having problems with a PM you can always get hold of us via our website:D We also donate 10% from your booking to a local rabbit rescue :D

Our fee includes all their food, hay, bedding, veggies etc. You just have to make sure they are fully vaccinated and pay any vets fees that they may incur.

Hope you manage to get something sorted.

You are more than welcome to get intouch with me also, I cannpt believe somebody quoted you £15 per day.

I would just like to say thank you for all the offers. Im going through everyone and seeing which option is going to be the best one :D

The £15 was Approx £7 per bun :shock:per day. I have to admit i was thinking she would discount for long term boarding but no...

Many thanks again for the offers though!

Last edited:
:wave: Let me know if I can help although I realise you may have made arrangements already...........I'm so shocked at the £15 quote!!!! Obviously I only charge 'charity rates' lol :lol: I'm in Northamptonshire if that's any help?

Back