• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit food ;)

Kepling

Young Bun
My boy trigger is never getting treats as im terrified he gets diabetes or something medically wrong with him due to shop bought treats, about a week ago he managed to get his mouth round P@H Junior/dwarf nuggets and.. he liked them!, like, he thought they were as tasty as a treat! a healthy treat that isnt veg!
So for the past week ive been giving him about 5grms a day (possibly less) by hand so he thinks its a treat, just so he can get use to them, so today (about 10mins ago, lol) i melted down about 105grm and put it in a silicone ice tray i had (although maybe a plastic ice cube try would have been better) and put very 6 small fruit shaped treats in each one, it made 7 and they only weigh about 15grms each, i put them in the freezer just now but ill take a pic when i take them out :D

Finally Trigger will get a treat! and it wont be veg! lol.

p.s. I Know veg is good for him but i know he'd like a sweetie every now and then, and if i dont want to buy him cause im scared he'll get ill, the best i can do is make him some!, on the plus side, its part of his food as well, he'll just think its a treat, lol.
:love:

You know you've lost it when youre sitting praying your freezer will up its game and freeze faster so you can watch your bunnie munch on his first treat since christmas xD

I may be being a bit simple here, but how did you "melt down" nuggets? Also does this mean you will be feeding your rabbit on frozen food? Is that a good idea?

I melted down with warm water ><

And the freezing is just quicker than fridging, ill defrost them first but i wont have to wait as long as i would refridgerating them ><

Lol, im sure he will >< he got free range of the garden when Taegen (was novella) was in her run, so he ran into the shed and tried to steal her food, lol. Silly bunny :p.

SDC12332.jpg

Picture of them ^^

Okay I admit to being thick, when you defrost them won't they just end up as mush? Would it be easier to just put a small amount of the nuggets in a treat ball thingy (the balls with a small hole in that they have to roll around to get the pellets out) or hand feed them as a treat. Do your buns have pellets as part of their diet normally?

Okay I admit to being thick, when you defrost them won't they just end up as mush? Would it be easier to just put a small amount of the nuggets in a treat ball thingy (the balls with a small hole in that they have to roll around to get the pellets out) or hand feed them as a treat. Do your buns have pellets as part of their diet normally?

No, cause they do harden after about 2-3hrs so theyre in the fride just now and he'll get some in the morning :D Also, he doesnt like treatballs, too much like hard work, lol. and he does get pellets in his diet ;P

And the colourful bits are pet brands fruity pieces =D i bought them for Taegen as shes use to the over-the-RDA sugar diet, ive cut it down by like ALOT but shes still getting some =D i got them at pets at home for £.99 ;P lol

Last edited:
I gave him a stick this morning and i think he had an excitment fit, that he wass accually getting a treat! lol. I took it away to see what he'd do and he got up on his hind legs and butted it out of my hand ;) lol. Guess ill have to make more!

Back