• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think Bertie was lonely?

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Today I started bonding Bertie and Fern as they both lost their partners 2 weeks ago. Bertie gets terribly depressed when he's alone, so he was so excited to meet Fern today :love:

This 15 minutes into the bond

HPIM2119.jpg

20 minutes in, now the other eye

HPIM2120.jpg

Hoping to get some kisses back

HPIM2121.jpg

Munching together

HPIM2122.jpg

All this washing gets so tiring

HPIM2124.jpg

One hour into the bond :love:

HPIM2125.jpg

Awww! My two sponsor bunnies are happy and in love :love: i'm so happy for them and for you Liz :D
So pleased the bonding went well....hooray :D I hope they'll be very happy together.

Awwwww.... that's made me feel all choked up. :love:

They look so happy together - so happy to have somebun in their lives again. Bless 'em xxx

Wonderful pics x

Believe it or not this bonding has turned into a nightmare. Fern decided that she couldn't be doing with all the attention from Bertie and turned on him, fur has been flying ever since :?

I am still hopeful it will settle down, but feel so sorry for Bertie as he was over the moon to have some company again and is now really upset :(

On the plus side it's taken my mind off loosing Primrose, every cloud.... :roll:

Thankfully she is mainly pulling fur out around his hips, not his face. He is still washing her, but understandably not as enthusiastically as before.

I am praying it will be Ok as they have a new big hutch to move into and Fern will have much more space than before

Thankfully she is mainly pulling fur out around his hips, not his face. He is still washing her, but understandably not as enthusiastically as before.

I am praying it will be Ok as they have a new big hutch to move into and Fern will have much more space than before

Oh no!! :( Will keep my fingers crossed that it all settles down - would be so nice if they could work things out for both their sakes. Please keep us updated! :D

Well Bertie and Fern are doing fine during the day, washing each other,sharing food bowls etc but for some reason, every night there is a big scuffle and we wake up to a mound of fur, mainly Bertie's :?

We don't know what is causing it, Steve checks on them until about 3am and everything is fine, but by around 7.30am there has always been a fight.

I just wish I knew what could be causing it. bertie has a few grazes but nothing serious and seems completely happy and relaxed. Its all very strange :?

Well Bertie and Fern are doing fine during the day, washing each other,sharing food bowls etc but for some reason, every night there is a big scuffle and we wake up to a mound of fur, mainly Bertie's :?

We don't know what is causing it, Steve checks on them until about 3am and everything is fine, but by around 7.30am there has always been a fight.

I just wish I knew what could be causing it. bertie has a few grazes but nothing serious and seems completely happy and relaxed. Its all very strange :?

Oh hope you can get it sorted. Are they outside? Is there any noise or anything that could set them off?

Back