• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

preloved bun?

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
a lady is selling a 3 week old disabled bunny:shock: its knee joints dont move and it can barely hop yet she is saying he is in no pain?? how do you complain about an add like this?

surely it needs to be pts?? how can it not be in pain?? its in tadley i think?
rachel89 i have pm'd you/

Last edited:
It might have a condition such as genetic splay leg, it's not necessarily a PTS but it would need a knowledgeable vet to asses it and then owner to take it on.

If at all possible I would try and convince the owner to let the bun stay with mum for longer before collecting him, the advert is at least 2 weeks old so he was 'diagnosed' with this problem, seemingly, at just a week or so old. :?

Pm me the details if you want, i will see if bun can stay with mum until old enough then go and pick him/her up.

Hope she doesnt mind!! buuny_ friend is going to get him tonight he is 6 weeks old and he and his siblings have been away from mum for a week:shock: she works in a vet so can get him seem tommorow.:love::love: thanks buuny friend x

If anyone can keep this bunny for a few weeks in Hampshire I can pick it up as I am dropping a ceramic rabbit up to Blue's Mum in Hampshire. I can get it to Starlight's Rabbit Rescue.

Well...we went to collect him.

When we got there, there were too teeny netherland dwarf babies in the living room sitting in a shoe box - one male one female.

Both of them, the boy in paticular, have problems with their hips and back legs. The female also has problems with her eyes and *could* be blind.

So, we have brought them both home. The lady had bred her netherland dwarf with another as she had people who wanted babies :)shock:). Her female had 3 babies and 2 of them have problems so she has decided not to breed.

The babies and their mum were living in a 4x3ft hutch with a guinea pig. I enquired about the other baby but she has a home to go to already.

It's s shame as the woman seemed really nice and genuine...just misinformed and a bit clueless! She said she has had a lot of interest in the 'disabled' baby but wanted to choose the right person as she felt some of them didn't seem genuine. She says they are around 6 weeks old and were seperated from mum last week :shock:

They are living indoors at the moment and have started to tuck into some hay :love:

I will post pics of them once they are settled and been to the vets. I really don't know what the future hold for these 2. Luckily, our vet is VERY rabbit savvy and I trust her 100% so we will see what she says. As long as they are happy and not in pain, we will do all we can for them.

xxx

Back