• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stupid prank caller again

bunlover

Warren Veteran
well as older ru members will no last july 08 snowy got out and escaped from garden we dont know how due to cage having bolts i can only asume i didnt lock them properly...anyway there were many sightings but then they stopped we never found her and truely believe someone local took her in and is caring for her.(despite all our posters etc)

now yesterday i had a call to my house phone(x directory but i put it on the posters last year)
the caller said sorry to bother you have you lost a rabbit.... my initial response was no..then yes well a while back why? he said a small white rabbit was in his garden running around and had gotten my number of fa poster wondered if it was mine. i said idoubted it but would come and help catch it and take to vets if he wanted... he relied polietly that would be briliant as he knew nothing about rabbits and had no food for it. so i tok his mobile number name and adddress. then hung up. now i knew this was an odd call and rung my mum so someone knew i was going and i didnt know what to think. (prehaps the person who took snowy in had kept our poster and now were giving her up...maybe bun was injured ..maybe someone else had locally lost a white rabbit?) anyway the house did not exist i tried calling back the caller and it just rang and rang he wouldnt answer. what kind of sick joke is this? it brought everything back and i am ashamed to say i ogt my hopes up a little. i still browse local free ads in case someone has grown bored of her... :( i hate people i can only asume its kids having a laugh.... but oh so curel. x

I'm sorry it wasn't Snowy:( but I'm glad you were suspicious and careful.
Some people really are sad, and you have to feel sorry for them cos they've obviously never known the real pain of losing something they love.
Don't let this sicko into your head

I am so sorry to hear this, what a horrible experience. Such a cruel heartless person :(

I would be so upset if it happened to me. Please try not to let them get to you.

Only a person withut a heart or brain would do that. :censored::censored::censored:

So when God was handing out brains, he/she probably wasn't in line. :shock:

Katie,

I can hardly believe that a human could be so pathetic and unkind. All I can say is that they must have a miserable, lonely existence. I wonder why:roll:

Try not to take this to heart. Who ever it is is not worth your thoughts.

Alice x

thankyou all its jsut so frustrating i try to never get my hopes up but i cant help it when someone who (even a year on) sounds genuine. it basically means some prankster (probebly one of the ones who rang last year) has kept my number to torment me further its just saddening thats all.

I remember clearly wen poor Snowy ent missing. Could he they not have given you the wrong house as a mistake.

What a horrible person!
Something like that happened to some one i know with her favorite cat.
She had posters everywhere looking for her cat.
So some kids see the poster and call her up and one of the boys says
"hey i think i found your cat" and they both screamed into the phone
ROADKILLL!
people are just so terrible

OMG that is really awful hun, words fail me on how mean people can be, i really don't know what satisfaction they get out of it.

Poor lil thing even if you did find a rabbit and cared for it before you find the owner you would go to a pet store and buy some food and he said he had none( even though it was a prank) you would still buy something.

Poor little thing, xxx

Personally I'd report the number/address to the police and say they have been harassing you. Might make the sick **** think twice about doing it again. I'm sorry it wasn't Snowy.

Back