• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur mites

You need to get your buns to the vet for some ivermectin. You can get it from pet shops but it's not very strong so you end up using loads which will either cost more or the same as a trip to the vets. If you take them to see a vet then you also get the added bonus of a bit of a general health check. After the buns have been treated their hutch will need a through scrub down and throw away all bedding and hay.

I got some really good stuff from the vet :) I tried other products aavailable without vets but none were that good and spent a fortune as he didnt have that many.

You need to get your buns to the vet for some ivermectin. You can get it from pet shops but it's not very strong so you end up using loads which will either cost more or the same as a trip to the vets. If you take them to see a vet then you also get the added bonus of a bit of a general health check. After the buns have been treated their hutch will need a through scrub down and throw away all bedding and hay.

I got mine from vetuk.co.uk for my piggies it's cheeper but i knew what dose because i had been to the vets with one and was told to get them both done ..

Back