• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits scared of thunder

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Blue is petrified, Ive put a toy in his hutch as he liked cuddeling upto tp it when hes scared.
So now I have bought him inside out the way but it's very loud outside, hes shakeing away and I have tried several things. What can I do to help calm him down?

Aw poor little thing!
Our buns arent worried about the storms but our dog is!
She recently started chewing the door because of it.
We try and be in the house with her and turn the tv up so she cant hear it.

My bunnies don't even flinch. It just doesn't bother them at all but I know my sis's dog is petrified of it. She used Bach's flower remedies for him and he responds really well. You could look into this?

Honeys not bothered but shes nearly totally deaf so I dont think she notices it at all.
Blues cuddled into the corned of the sofa inbetween me now.
Oh I may look into that, hes such a wimpy rabbit as it is. Sounds like a good idea thanks.

Poor Blue
I guess keep cuddling him and re-assuring him!
It's horrible when they're scared.

Fireworks are when our buns are scared - they thump constantly!

Hope the storm passes quickly.

Blue is petrified, Ive put a toy in his hutch as he liked cuddeling upto tp it when hes scared.
So now I have bought him inside out the way but it's very loud outside, hes shakeing away and I have tried several things. What can I do to help calm him down?

Have you got some Bach Five Flower Rescue remedy? If you have I would give a drop of that or put some on a raisin. Keep him inside until the thunder has passed and keep him somewhere dark and quiet and with sides and a lid - i.e. a corner of a room, behind a sofa, a cardboard box to sit in, carry cage, buns feel more secure when scared with walls and a lid :D

Yeap I have abit as I use it when I compete my ponies :lol: Will give him a little and keep trying to reasuure him. Thinking of maybe keeping him inside tonight as its ment to carry on all night.
I just feel bad as hes so scared :(

Alfie is petrified of thunder and generally the best way to calm him down is lots of cuddles. You could try it with your bun. :)

Apache is terrified of thunder and also the squealy noise out back door makes when it's windy. He is ok if someone sits with him and cuddles him though.

Back