• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our new hutches have arrived

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=181716

We ordered 4 hutches from this gentleman and they arrived yesterday :) We are very impressed with the quality and price. He also made them in less than 10 days and delivered them free of charge :)

If anyone is interested he is based in Berkhamstead, Herts and will make any size to order. He is also about to start making runs too. At the moment you need to be fairly local as you need to be able to collect, but hopefully in time he will offer a courier service :D

The bottom 2 are 6 x 2 x 2 and have been made with a flat roof so they stack. The bottom one is only 18 " high as eventually they are going to stand inside our new shed and there isn't room for another 2 foot. ( the new shed has been put on hold as our vet bills have been so high :( )

HPIM2106.jpg

HPIM2109.jpg

He has used good quality mesh and bolts

HPIM2107.jpg

HPIM2108.jpg

The sides are thick tounge and groove but the back is just plywood, but I am thinking because of the thick frame work you could put a layer of insulation on and another sheet of ply on top :)

HPIM2110.jpg

The bottoms have been reinforced too

HPIM2113.jpg

This is the 4 x 3 x 2 hutch

HPIM2111.jpg

Not bad considering they only cost me £95 each, although normally he charges £120 for them but did me a deal because we are a sanctuary and bought so many. Hopefully when we are more organised we are getting another 3 hutches made.

Thank you so much Lessie highlighting these hutches in the original thread :wave:

:wave: Hiya!

Wow they do look brilliant especially at these prices. I personally think it was a good idea to put a reinforcement on the base.

I was wondering has the roof got hinges so it opens and closes?

I reckon if you add a lick of this wax/paint 'Good for Wood easy use - wax' it will prevent the wood getting soaked up with water and mouldy and lasts longer.

Anyway thank-you for posting the pictures. (Such a shame he's far away from me but like you said - hopefully he will provide a courier one day)

If you really don't mind - would it be okay if you could post some pictures with your rabbits/ guinea-pigs in!? :D

No the roof doesn't open, but if you wanted it too I'm sure he could do it :)

If you were interested and could get to us we would be happy to hold it here until you could arrange collection :?

We are now filling one up as I type so the beautiful Lettie can move in, pictures to follow :D

Back