• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dental Vibes needed U/D Back home with us but sleepy

tigerangel

Warren Veteran
Sora is going in for her dental tomorrow, I have to drop her off (with Smudgie) at 8.30am. She could really use some vibes to get her through it but I think I may need some myself to get me through it :cry:

None of my bunnies have ever needed a dental before so this is all rather new to me, and I don’t have a very good track record with leaving bunnies at vets. In 12 years and 5 buns, I’ve only ever brought one home alive after leaving them at a surgery, the rest have all been in cardboard sympathy boxes :cry: I am scared for the outcome and almost wish that, if the worst does happen, they don’t ring me to let me know as I’ll be at work and I’d rather not know until after 5pm :( I know she has got through a GA before as she was speyed just before Christmas, but that was before she came into my life and inherited my terrible bad luck :?

I hope not to loose another beautiful bunny to ‘one of those things’ but am trying to keep my positivity levels up with silly photos of her :love:

licky2.jpg

Last edited:
Sending loads of vibes...

Are you going to the same vets that lost the others? Just wondering how rabbit-savvy the vet is :?

Again, I know how you feel. It never gets any easier.

Vibes for you and vibes for the beautiful Sora. Lovely piccie and love the name! Think positive! x

Thanks guys *hugs*

Sending loads of vibes...

Are you going to the same vets that lost the others? Just wondering how rabbit-savvy the vet is :?

To date I've used 4 different vets in varous parts of the country and aside from a vet I used in Bath (who I am not convinced did everything to save Luna but it was the closest vets in the emergency situation) the rest have not been the fault of the vet.

At the moment (and after the Bath vet) I am back to using Garston vets in Frome who have filled me with the most confidence so she is in the best possible hands I can find without travelling back to Harcourt-Brown. But still the choice of vet is only half the battle, the rest is up to the bun and whether fate decides to stick it's unwanted meddling fingers in :?

Vibes for you and vibes for the beautiful Sora. Lovely piccie and love the name! Think positive! x

Thank you ~ Her name means 'Sky' :love:

Last edited:
And so begins the 'pacing back and forth' :|

We left Sora with the vet nurses this morning. She wasn’t a happy bunny, bless her :( At least there were no :censored: dogs in the reception room this time to upset them and stress them out.

I hope she gets through the procedure okay :cry: I just do not want my mobile phone to ring at all costs. If it rings that means it’s bad news, if it gets to 2pm and I haven’t heard from them that means everything’s gone through okay and I have to ring them to see how she’s coming round.

Smudgie on the other hand was fine because he had food in his mouth *rolls eyes* :lol: He’s always happy when he’s eating regardless of where he is or what’s going on ;) I left a bag of 3 types of hay and a tub of pellets to help tempt Sora into eating when she wakes up, but something tells me Smudgie is going to be a very fat little boy when I bring him home… :shock: I’m starting to think that ‘Pie’ might be a very good name for him :lol:

hope today goes well - horrible trying to keep busy to take your mind of something:(
eric's due a dental next week (combined with his delicate boys operation) but i'm just trying not to think about it yet:roll:

not long to wait now til you can ring:D

Yeah that’s true, the closer it edges to 2pm the better! Though it’s ‘crunch time’ at the moment because they told me they wouldn’t be doing the dentals until after the other surgeries today so it will be round about now-ish that they’ll be carrying it out :?

I kinda hope they've put the entire bag of hay in with Smudgie, only food keeps his mind occupied whilst she's not with him :roll:

Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts :)

She is home with us but a bit dozy still. She looks like she wants to eat but I think she is not used to her teeth being a new shape and so she is only barely grazing here and there with some odd mouth-movements and the poos she's just done are dark, huge, smelly and goopy soft :? but I will be keeping a close eye on her. Her eyes are quite bright so I am hoping that as the doziness wears off she will increase her hay intake and thus solve her tummy problem. Fingers crossed!

They have made another appointment for her with the nurse at 5.50pm tomorrow to follow up and make sure she is getting on okay. I think she's in the best possible hands with Garston vets, they seem to be very clued-up :wave:

glad all is ok :D:D:D:D:D

hope she gets a nice rest tonight and is bouncing about tomorrow like nothing happened :love::love:

sora

I totally know how you feel. I have just got my rabbit Nutmeg back from the vets today after a dental. Dreading my phone going all day! Good news is he didnt have to stay over night (1st time ever) as was eating a bit of hay and drinking this afternoon. He is now home and inside in an indoor cage warm and with a platter of different foods to get him to eat. He seems bright and like your bun has some strange looking poops but i never stop worrying until he has cleared his bowl and left a pile of raisins in his cage. Gonna be a long night. I hope your little one recovers quickly.

I hope Nutmeg is feeling better soon too! :wave:

In other news, Sora's appetite has grown considerably over the last 30 mins or so :love: Hay is still a bit much for her but as far as fresh food is concered, this is looking a bit more like it ;)

morelikeit.jpg

Back