• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do?

deja224

Alpha Buck
Im a little confused by what to do for the best, I am going away so some friends have been caring for some of my 11 rabbits, All our rabbits are rescues there is one rabbit who has always been very worried and stressed if our rabbits go near near her as we have 11 shes never really settled, This is my fav bunny as she can be so sweet, Any way went to check the rabbits yesterday and this little one was bombing around the friends house and garden shes so happy :) The people have asked to keep her they have a big garden and a massive huch and run (they bought her this!)

Question is would you let them keep her, i feel its best for her but i always say they have a home for life here i dont want them to be passed on again, in two minds!

thanks

That'a a tricky one. If she is from a rescue centre you might not be able to do this as many state you cannot rehome the bun yourself.

Also, would she be a lone bun?

If she is your friend then hopefully you will still have contact with her and the bun?

I would let her go if she is happier. Obviously they care about her if they bought her the hutch etc.

You could get them to sign a contract that you get her back if they don't want her/aren't treating her correctly-you could just say there was a horror story on here where people were friends and it went wrong and the bun suffered (a white lie wouldn't hurt :lol:)

As long as they look after her properly, i would have thought that they were a better home for her and she seems like she would be happier on her own.

It would be hard for you though :(

I have a contract wrote up and they have her on a mth trail at the end of this If im not happy she can come home we are all upset but its her well being that matters, they have bought her toys and a harness as she goes and sees there parents, I no they care they have a stack of books and call me if they are worried about any thing, I will see her for 5 days a weeks, still hard!

All i can say is well done you for making the (right) hard decision! It shows that you are a fantastic bunny owner as you have put her wants and needs above your own!

I am sure you will feel better when you see her after being in her new home for a while-hopefully she will show that she is happy.

Well done, i am sending you a pat on the back and some hugs xxx

Back