• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domestic breed that looks like a wildie?

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Is there a domestic breed of rabbit that looks like a wildie?

My local garden centre has a litter of baby buns in and they look just like wildies....colour/head shape/delicate bone structure....they were very cute.

This is Parsley my beautiful Agouti:love:

DSCF0109.jpg

my little Kendra has a bit of the look about her.

She's a tiny orange bun - her mum was a brown lionhead & aunt an agouti er non-lionhead:lol:

the long eras may indicate that this baby belongs to a tropical or sub-tropical species, although the tan coat does not match any chinese hare species. it seems a result from the heterogeneity at agouti locus. but all wild hares are homogeneity, AA..:shock:

My Amber is looks and is about the same size as a wildie but her head is a touch broader. She acts wild some of the time as well:roll:

Wildies have short tubby eas, rounded rumps and are quite short bodied.

Many people think agoutis just look like wildies because of the colouring.

Wildies have short tubby eas, rounded rumps and are quite short bodied.

Many people think agoutis just look like wildies because of the colouring.

oh I wasnt so much going by the colouring,it was the shape of them more than the colour,I know you can get agoutis in pretty much any breed of rabbit.....wish I'd taken a pic of them on my phone,you could all see what i mean then!

oh I wasnt so much going by the colouring,it was the shape of them more than the colour,I know you can get agoutis in pretty much any breed of rabbit.....wish I'd taken a pic of them on my phone,you could all see what i mean then!

Oh yes, I saw by your post that you thought that they looked like them :wave:

Wildies tend to be a lot smaller than domestic rabbits of an equivalent age, slim and athletic with a very pointed facial structure.

It is possible that the rabbit you saw could be a wildie cross as it happens more often than you might think! :roll:

This was my first rabbit, Jack. I was told that he was a netherland dwarf, but looking back at these pictures with the knowledge I have now, I'm not so sure...

Jack.jpg

Jack15.jpg

Jack17.jpg

Jack20.jpg

I miss that bunny. :cry:

Back