• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gizmo's not right :( U/d Been to vets

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
He seems alot thinner lately even thought he eats like a pig :( and his poos have gotten alot darker, not smaller just darker :(

He doesnt seem to ever put on weight so im a bit worried :cry:
Ive got a vet appointment tomorrow with him and Fudge to check her tootsies, i just hope my little boy will be fine :(

Last edited:
Have you weighed him to check to see if he has lost weight. If he is out on grass his poos will be a lot darker. My two have been out on grass and eaten a lot of grass lately and their poos are darker. Hope it all goes OK at the vets.

Tried to weigh him but he wouldnt stay still so im getting the vet to do it!
Hes not on grass outside, just slabs :(
And this morning Him and Skye had a fight when Bf went to clean them out :( I think he is poorly and Skye is picking on him, so he is in another dog crate just now right next to skye and they will gt put together for going to the vet and hopefullt everything will be ok :)

U/D

Well we've been to the vets and he got weighed and only weighs 1.36kg and hes a big mini lop :cry:

The vet had a good feel and says he is not just loosing weight but muscle aswell :cry:

He is thinking it could be caused by dental pain. He has the roots of his teeth pushing through his jaw and will soon be needing a dental, so the vet has said to give him metacam for 2 weeks, increase his food slightly and go back at the end of 2 weeks to get weighed and if he has put on weight then to maybe continue on with metacam for a few more weeks and he will be getting a dental.

If he doesnt put on weight he will be getting his bloods taken, a wee sample and will be possibly getting X-rays:(

He is on A&P food so im giving him half A&P and half SS to see if the SS will help.

Any spare vibes for my poor little boy would be greatly appreciated :(

ETA: had Fudge and Skye there too and had their hocks checked, He says he isnt worried about them as they are not as bad as i thought, just to bed them on thick hay/straw or thick Blankets. So im pleased about that :)

Last edited:
If he thinks it is dental pain, why isn't he having his teeth done now?

The reason I ask is that Homer has the same problem of teeth growing through jaw but this is controlled by regular dentals (before there are any problems) and he doesn't need metacam - he will eat anything (except hay :roll:)!

I hope he is OK, sending him a nose rub.

If he thinks it is dental pain, why isn't he having his teeth done now?

The reason I ask is that Homer has the same problem of teeth growing through jaw but this is controlled by regular dentals (before there are any problems) and he doesn't need metacam - he will eat anything (except hay :roll:)!

I hope he is OK, sending him a nose rub.

He isnt needing a dental just now but will in the next few months! He has the start of spurs but they are barely visible. Its his tooth roots that the vet is concerned about :(

Thanks Everyone, he is wolfing down his food so ive given him a little extra and he seems very happy now :)

Back