• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breathes a sigh of relief!!

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Have a little bun in store (teeny bun) and she was in with a couple of dwarf lops. On Friday we noticed she was a little quiet and upon closer inspection we saw that her eyebrows and whiskers had been barbered. We separated her to monitor her and she didn't really pick up properly and she stopped eating and pooing. I took her home on Saturday evening and gave her gripe water and baby food and managed to her her to poo.

Last night her poos were very loose and then she stopped again. I continued with syringe feeding, fluids etc and took her to the vets this afternoon where she was given some metaclop and some subcut fluids.

I brought her home with me tonight to keep an eye on her and she is now firmly ensconced in the litter tray munching on hay (she hasn't been eating).

I know we're not out of the woods yet, but the fact that she's eating by herself makes me very hopeful :)

Bunnies006.jpg

Bunnies009.jpg

Back