• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

an odd question

mcv

Young Bun
How do you know your bunnies are happy?
Do they make any noises?
I know this may sound a strange question, but honestly i have no idea.

I find it'sjust a "feeling" I get off them...they look relaxed and happy....they tooth-purr when I stroke them...every rabbit is different though so it's a matter of getting to know your own bun :)

Well that's really made me :lol:! Brilliant video! Cheered me up no end! x

I don't think any typed description would quite have the same impact as that little video showing a *very* happy bunny! :lol:
It is lovely isn,t it,i really could not describe what a binky was:lol::lol:

Mine binky alot but Ellie bun likes to grunt at me when I am cleaning her hidie hole out ! she doesn't have a hutct just a small open hutch and the run of the shed ! she loves to jump out the bunny shed and chase the cats up to our back door , she then binkys until she gets to go in and sit on the settee!

Mine have a few telltale signs..

Pebbles and Domino wag their tails, they do when investigation something exciting, and their little tails start wiggling!

They binky to show they are happy

they also do happy flops, when they suddenly twist their bellies and flop onto the their sides/backs.

When i stroke either jelly or comino round the eye area they close their eyes and push their heads into my fingers like a cat would as a i stroke them :)

Also, buns that completely flop - that means sleep or lie down with their feet out, are secure bunnies. Same with Buns that sleep with their eyes closed. Any bun that isn't immediately ready to run from possible threat is a secure and happy bun! This applies if you don't have a cuddly bun - as most of mine aren't!! :roll:

Back