• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help and Advice please help. Sorry for the long post

ive recently rescued 2 female buns. They have been with us a week and been fine. Lilly today has been quite strange, i think she is having a phantom pregnancy.

their litter tray is a big plastic box lined with newspaper, and loads of hay on top. She has been digging and scraping the newspaper and hay and burring herself in it.

Ive just gone to change it out and she has jumped out with a load of hay in her mouth almost looking for somewhere to go. She is also going up into the top section of the cage and stealing hay from the other litter tray. Her sister Tilly is just keeping out of the way and kinda looks scared.

What shall i do? (i know to neuter, which will be happening asap). But we are worried does she pose a threat to her sister?.

Sorry for the long post, ive never had any experience with this and i just feel so sorry for her.

sounds like she is having a phantom pregnancy. Spaying is the only way to prevent this really, when did you rescue then?

gestation period is up to 30 days if you havent had them 30 days there is a chance she might be really pregnany i guess?

Thanks for the replies im really panicking!.

I have had them since wed's, they were with a boy (not in the same cage and to my knowledge never together, i stressed the importance of this). The boy bun was taken by an officer that worked there, but i cant remember how long ago (i will ask her). But it was a few weeks before i brought the 2 girls home.

Im going to get them neutered, i think this month (was going to leave it until next month because we have had to pay for the vaccs)

Im really worried about her sister because they are in the same cage- could things turn nasty?. And is there anything we can do to help her?. My o/h has put in a box which Lilly is taking hay into- is that a good idea?.

Thankyou again for the replies.
x

Back