• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Folding Rabbit Runs

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
Could anyone tell me where you can get folding rabbit runs?

This is so my nan can look after the rabbits while we are away in August as she cant run around the garden to get them into their hutch so we was thinking about a rabbit run that can be folded away when we arent using it.

Any links to websites would be great
and/or if your in essex and shop/location would be great too!

Many thanks
Vicky
xx

We have these http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35638 and they're great :)
A tad tricky to assemble the first time but fold up really flat and have roof.
HTH x

Thanks for the link
It also says it has doors on the side for the hutch. This is great as we need a door to allow the tunnel to conntect to the run.
As our setup is a hutch inside the garage with a tunnel coming out through the wall & aviary into the garden :lol:

ill give it some thought and see what my mum has to say.

Vicky
x

My mum likes it and i think we might go for it.
We still have till August so i dont think we will be buying it yet

Thank you so much for the help
xx

Not a recommendation but one to avoid

I bought one of these: http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-6+small+pets/breed-is-rabbit/product-is-13289/pgs-is-147 while me and the buns went on a little holiday to stay with my mum

They soon learnt how to escape it (I gave up after the 6th time) and ended up free ranging in her conservatory. I'm just thankful that they learnt how to escape from it while they were indoors and not outside!

I think I'll look into getting one of the zoo plus ones though! Thanks Abi!

Not a recommendation but one to avoid

I bought one of these: http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-6+small+pets/breed-is-rabbit/product-is-13289/pgs-is-147 while me and the buns went on a little holiday to stay with my mum

They soon learnt how to escape it (I gave up after the 6th time) and ended up free ranging in her conservatory. I'm just thankful that they learnt how to escape from it while they were indoors and not outside!

I think I'll look into getting one of the zoo plus ones though! Thanks Abi!

Thanks for the warning.
My mum was thinking about one like that, but it hasnt got a roof or anything so i told her no :lol:

Oooh, great pen. 1 question I have about it is does it offer the more or less protection against foxes than standard runs? Thanks.

Oooh, great pen. 1 question I have about it is does it offer the more or less protection against foxes than standard runs? Thanks.

i havent personaly seen it but on the description of the pen it says:
"If there are foxes in your region: the pen is not strong enough to protect your pet from larger animals such as foxes."

My garden doesnt get foxes in it but i wouldnt be leaving them out all night anyway its just easier for my nan to chase them in from a pen then when they are in the whole garden :lol:

Do you have problems with foxes then?
i think no pen is completely fox proof as foxes could maybe dig under the pen if they are really that hungry...

i havent personaly seen it but on the description of the pen it says:
"If there are foxes in your region: the pen is not strong enough to protect your pet from larger animals such as foxes."

My garden doesnt get foxes in it but i wouldnt be leaving them out all night anyway its just easier for my nan to chase them in from a pen then when they are in the whole garden :lol:

Do you have problems with foxes then?
i think no pen is completely fox proof as foxes could maybe dig under the pen if they are really that hungry...

Hope you don't think I was criticizing your choice, I was asking for my own use :oops:. I don't have a fox problem in my area at all. Never seen 1 but bought a run for extra protection for night time use after I got jumped on 1 day for saying my buns are completely free range with a shed. I shut them in the run at night with the hope that if a fox did come it would give them a bit more time and hopefully make enough noise to wake us.

Hope you don't think I was criticizing your choice, I was asking for my own use :oops:. I don't have a fox problem in my area at all. Never seen 1 but bought a run for extra protection for night time use after I got jumped on 1 day for saying my buns are completely free range with a shed. I shut them in the run at night with the hope that if a fox did come it would give them a bit more time and hopefully make enough noise to wake us.

oh yes i know that sorry :oops: i get carried away :lol:

I guess the pen gives them a more chance of getting into their hutch/home then if they were all the way over the other side of the garden.
But like i said i dont think pens are 100% fox proof anyway... but it looks pretty sturdy...

oh yes i know that sorry :oops: i get carried away :lol:

I guess the pen gives them a more chance of getting into their hutch/home then if they were all the way over the other side of the garden.
But like i said i dont think pens are 100% fox proof anyway... but it looks pretty sturdy...

Me neither. If I ever hear or see a fox or someone nearby did then i would be buying a bigger shed/dog kennel and locking them up securely but until that happens I think their freedom is important. They do need security but they also need to be bunnies. I feel it's a little like wrapping children up in cotton wool, great to take care of them giving them what they need and boundaries of what they can do and where they can go but no point in smothering them so they don't have a life.

Me neither. If I ever hear or see a fox or someone nearby did then i would be buying a bigger shed/dog kennel and locking them up securely but until that happens I think their freedom is important. They do need security but they also need to be bunnies. I feel it's a little like wrapping children up in cotton wool, great to take care of them giving them what they need and boundaries of what they can do and where they can go but no point in smothering them so they don't have a life.

i agree, they need their freedom, it must be horrable keeping them cooped up all day and night in a hutch!

Back