• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vet complaint letter

A friend of mines rabbit had bald patches and was a bit iffy on its back legs. Her vet said it didnt have mites it was being bullied by the other rabbit and that there was nothing wrong with its legs and suggested seperating the rabbits for a few weeks. We both thought it was odd but left it and the bald patches seemed to get worse as did her legs. I said I thought it might be EC and to go back to the vets which she did and the vet said there was nothing wrong.

I hadnt seen the bun for a week and went round on Friday and she was worse so tonight we have been to my vets who said it was EC and that she did have mites. We now have treatment for both. My friend is understandably upset and feels guilty for not doing something sooner and wants to complain

I think that I would stick with the facts, in the order that they have happened, and in as much detail as possible. Explain that as the buns problems have become worse you went for a second opinion else where. Ask why it was not diagnosed and treated in the two appointments you have had with them and state what you would like done about it i.e. refund on their treatment and training course for vet in question, or something to that gist.

ETA: your friend has nothing to feel guilty about, she took her animal to the vets and trusted their 'expert opinion', she can do nothing more. Granted a second opinion could have been looked for sooner, but as above, she is not a vet and trusted her vets opinion. Is she getting a new vet!?

Last edited:
Back