• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your bunnies come indoors if the door is open...

bunnyhopper

Mama Doe
I have four buns, in two pairs... They all have half a day each free-ranging in the back garden.
Now the weather is hot, we have our back doors open.
Three of the buns will not cross the threshold and come in, but the fourth, (Aubrey) makes a bee-line and leaps in as soon as he notices the door is open. He then proceeds to explore every inch of our downstairs, before hopping back out again... and then pays us regular visits!

Do yours come in if they have the chance?

Yep definitely :lol:

We used to have a squirrel that also came in if the door was opened, he knew where the peanuts were kept and would come and help himself :lol:

My two wouldnt go outside if I didnt shut them out! Strawberry has even mastered the cat flap to be able to get in!

Yeah Buttons comes in if the door is open. He will sit on the door mat and chill out sometimes. He also jumps in the garage when the door is open. The thing is I thought he would never jump in the house or garage and the door step is quite high.

Straight through the back door and into everywhere they can get. Bella climbed onto the sofa and landed on Thomas the other day :lol:

BB and Joey have spent a fair bit of time in the conservatory this last year whilst they have been recovering from illness or surgery, so they come in at every opportunity when the doors are open.

The giants will peek over the threshold, but prefer to sit on the outside steps.
Little Roger came in for the first time yesterday - it took him ages to have the confidence to step in though, and then he was back out within a minute!

Yup, mine all use the back door. We have had to put a babygate up to stop them sneaking off round the house!! :lol:

Doona and Humphrey 'swim' and paw at the door if they want in or out and it is shut. Especially if it is raining!!!

I am glad that they use the door when it is open, it saves trying to chase them round the garden at bed time!!!:lol:

Yep ours are in and out like mad :p If its really hot they normally come in and go out when its cooler (or when they get hungry haha)

Back