• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone still got a lot of 'spring' behaviour going on?

Rabbers

Mama Doe
My female rabbit is still humping the male like mad. They're both neutered (apparently - I got them at 4 years old from a rescue and they were not the ones to have done the neutering I think).

Is there anything i can do to stop this - it's driving me, and I suspect my male rabbit, mad.

She's done it every spring/summer, but I'm sure it's usually stopped by now. Also it's worse this year for some reason (I keep thinking its because I have finally diagnosed and treated EC so she feels better).

I keep thinking that maybe she isn't neutered, but I've taken her to the vets about this and they can't tell (they shaved her tummy to see if they could see a scar - they couldn't). And at 7 years I'm reluctant to open her up for potentially no reason.

Is this just a wierd year for 'Spring' behaviour?

Pickle has been doing the odd chase of poor Toffee. Makes me really angry as Toffee is such an old wee boy.

Considering how poorly my little Joey was in December he humps poor BB all the time - she just lies there looking very bored!!:lol:

Lolly still humps poor Ronnies head :( I feel so sorry for him, i do wonder what she gets out of it :roll: xXx

Daisy hasnt been humping anyone this year,but Loppy [neutered buck] built the most fantastic nest in the corner of the shed. :shock:

Glad to hear its not just my lot then! Lets all keep fingers crossed for the end of this strangely extended 'spring' behaviour!

Back