• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The sad story of my rabbit Dizzie

RosieHardy

Young Bun
This is my beautiful baby boy Dizzie

He had a really rubbish start to life, i saved him from a farm where i work!
The rabbit were just kept outside in rubbish make shift runs, they were never put away at night and soon the grass they were on turned into mud. I was always moving them into better cages but they were always just beeing put back again at night!

One night the Farm dog got bored and decided to attack them, seeing as the cages were so bad all the rabbit escaped and alot of them got killed by the dogs!.. When i came back the next morning Dizzie was one of the rabbit that survived and he was juts put back in his cage and just left for dead as they couldn't afford the vet bills to look after him apparently!
Even though there an open farm and i'm a student and i still managed to pay for the vet bills :evil:

I just took Dizzie home with me as he would have just died.. I had to take dizzie to the vets 3 times a week and he had massive puncture wonds on his chest and legs where the dog had obviously had him in his mouth.. and i had to squease the puss out of his chest every night.

I always thought Dizzie would die as he couldn't stand up he'd just fall over.. hence his name.
But after alot of TLC he's still with me now a year on..
Hes the niceist, rabbit i have ever had, hes never bitten me and hes always soo friendly for saying what hes been through.

He's still got a squiffy head thought and he can't keep it up right but he's happy and loves playing with my guinea pigs :p
He soo lovley though cus if you give him kisses he'll give you them back, he loves being hugged even tho is hard because of his head.. you have to support it or it just turns all teh way round and then you have to put him down cus it obviously isn't nice for him =[
He really is soo nice and dead lucky too, i think if i hadn't have got to him when i did he would have died a really slow painful death ='[[

I thought id introduce him all to you so you can fall in love with him as much as i have =]

Rosie xx :love:

4322_96991618637_556943637_2520229_.jpg

4322_96987648637_556943637_2520204_.jpg

4322_96994263637_556943637_2520249_.jpg

guineapigs00212.jpg

This is Dizzie in the snow eating an apple :p.. but this picture really gives you a view of how is head is ='[ (he was only in the snow for a few mins, i have to put him outside everyday because it helps his head)
n556943637_2001141_96991.jpg

That nearly brought me to tears, bless his heart with that squiffy head :love: he looks so happy though, not at all nervous witht the camera. It breaks my heart how bunnies can be treated so bad and still be so trusting. I'm so glad he found you :)

Thank you so much to all of you for your kind comments =]
Its nice to see people out there that feel for Dizzie too.

I'll pass on all the love to him =] :love:

Fantastic photographs! :love:

Hes gorgeous. My Hazels head was like that for awhile when he had headtilt, didn't stop him misbehaving though :roll::lol:

Wow he survived all of that trauma. I'm not too fond of Nethies personally but he looks lovely. It is very enraging to hear about all the others that died. Did any others survive and what happened to them? Please tell me other people rescued them from the terrible fate of those killed by the dogs.

What a lovely wee bunster....ive just lost my bunny and he had a squinty wee head too. Here he is here.
P1011962-1.jpg

Awww! He's lovely! :love:

Well done you for rescuing him, he's a gorgeous rabbit.

I'm in Derbyshire too.... :wave:

Back