• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crates and moving indoors

dawnieb

Warren Scout
Hi guys,

I am movinjg in a couple of weeks and as a result my 2 buns will be moving inside. It wasn't my first choice but circumsatnce dictates.

Anyway, currently they have a 6ft x 2ft double teir hutch with a 6ft x 4ft run attached and access to another 6ft x 4ft run when I am home in the evening/weekends. They are going to be moving into a 48" dog crate with a run area (I don;'t know how big it will be yet, need to see when I move in and work out best options). They will also have free range of the house in the evenings/weekends when I am home.

They are good boys who are litter trained at the moment and I am prepared for a few accidents whilst they get settled.

I was just wondering if people think their new set up will be ok. I am really worried that they have had a lot of space and the dog crate looks tiny in comparison to their current hutch. Ultimately they will have more space but only at certian times of the day.

I want to attach a shelf inside the crate to create some additional levels. Does anybody have any tips about how to do this?

Thanks so much. I really want them to be happy in their new home!

Dawn
x

Sounds perfect. You can get puppy pens which would be ideal to attach to a dog crate. Not sure how to fix a shelf.

thanks, think i just need some reassurance. I can't help thinking that whilst moving is best for me, it isn't for me boys and I feel guilty......

Back