• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toy destroyer!!!

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
Why are my 2 bunnies toy destroyers!!!

I gave them a carrot rattle thing last week which was £2.99 next morning it had practicaly being eaten just 1 inch of plastic left and the stones from inside left in a pile.

I brought them a big willow ball which was £4.99 yesterday this morning there is only half of it left!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Toilet role tubes, cereal boxes, wodden toys! Last a day litteraly! :roll:

I give up on buying them stuff feel like im wasting my money!

:cry:

When my buns are bored I sprinkle a tiny tiny amount of oats in their hay tray - they go mad for them and it keeps them busy snugffling out the tiny amounts of oats in there!

Fruit boxes from your greengrover are fab cut lots of holes in them! It takes my girls a few hours to kill a willow ball!

They have a hay box full to the brim of hay twice a day :?

How much pellet food tho? Toy destroying is healthy though :) a natural behaviour, how about something more robust? some thick apple tree/willow/hazel branches/twigs? Seagrass/waterhyacinth baskets/mats?
If your buns are real toy destroyers then I would totally avoid any toys using plastic/glue - you wouldn't want them ingesting that stuff. We had one of those sisal carrot things and when we realised it had glue on it it got binned!
I don't feed pellets full stop and so my buns are constantly munching hay all day, I believe this is the reason they never destroy anything, toys, house etc. Nothing in our house gets chewed ever and they are house buns. Poppy will however rip a toy if she is frustrated with something or bored - i.e. we overslept and she is impatient in her hutch and wants to come out. Days where we've been out for the day she chews her hutch toys more - to compensate for boredom I guess. I personally believe that tons of exercise and hay is the key to destructive behaviour. :)

How much pellet food tho? Toy destroying is healthy though :) a natural behaviour, how about something more robust? some thick apple tree/willow/hazel branches/twigs? Seagrass/waterhyacinth baskets/mats?
If your buns are real toy destroyers then I would totally avoid any toys using plastic/glue - you wouldn't want them ingesting that stuff. We had one of those sisal carrot things and when we realised it had glue on it it got binned!
I don't feed pellets full stop and so my buns are constantly munching hay all day, I believe this is the reason they never destroy anything, toys, house etc. Nothing in our house gets chewed ever and they are house buns. Poppy will however rip a toy if she is frustrated with something or bored - i.e. we overslept and she is impatient in her hutch and wants to come out. Days where we've been out for the day she chews her hutch toys more - to compensate for boredom I guess. I personally believe that tons of exercise and hay is the key to destructive behaviour. :)

They do have pellets, once a day but a bowl full! I have being trying to cut down on the pellets but they love them! :love:

They do have pellets, once a day but a bowl full! I have being trying to cut down on the pellets but they love them! :love:

Ah...there is your solution! You have to be cruel to be kind i'm afraid! :( But cutting these down to an egg cup will mean they consume far more hay, it takes longer to eat and uses up a lot of energy that might be spent being destructive elsewhere! It will also help protect your buns from GI motility issues and dental probs so it's a win win situation all round :D

Ah...there is your solution! You have to be cruel to be kind i'm afraid! :( But cutting these down to an egg cup will mean they consume far more hay, it takes longer to eat and uses up a lot of energy that might be spent being destructive elsewhere! It will also help protect your buns from GI motility issues and dental probs so it's a win win situation all round :D

A egg cup each or 1 egg cup between them both? Once a day?

Back