• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP...Ollie not eating...U/D my baby has gone to the bridge

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Came down this morning and went to give the buns their breakfast but Ollie just isn't interested. I've tried tempting her with pellets, spring greens and carrots but she wont eat anything.
She keeps looking at her tummy but isn't tooth grinding and I think she might be moving funny.
What should I be doing until I can get to the vets? Should I call the out of hours vet and get her down ASAP? Or should I try syringe feeding her and see if that helps?
She was fine last night and I've checked that there was nothing she could have eaten in the night that would have upset her tum.
I'm so worried about my gorgeous girly.

Last edited:
I would not syringe feed her.
Pop her in a pet carrier with a heat pad and water within reach ready to get het to the Vets when they open.
You could first try to get her to hop about, but dont stress her out.

Warmth and water are the best 'First Aid' treatment for an anorexic Rabbit until you know what is wrong. Syringe feeding a Rabbit that is anorexic due to bloat or an obstruction will just make matters much worse.

Sending get well vibes for her.

Ok. I don't have a heat pad, so would a mini hot water bottle with warm water in it be all right? She's in her carrier and isn't even trying to get out (which is REALLY unlike her.

The earliest the vet can get me in for is 09.40. Which isn't too bad cause I have to wait for mum to drop my sister off at college and then get to mine.
Any spare vibes would be most appreciated :cry:

We're going to go down early cause sometimes if someone doesn't turn up they'll bump you up the list.
She hasn't touched her water either. :?

Just got back from the vets. They're pretty sure it is bloat but are going to keep her in and xray her just incase. Just got to wait for a phone call at about 2 to let me know whats happening and what they're going to do.

Back