• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it just me or does my bunny...

bunny foo foo

Alpha Buck
not like me? I let her have garden time today and when I went to catch her she thumped and ran away! :evil: And to make that all "better," she now thumps at me whenever I try to pick 'er up! :?
Another note, the only time hhe picks up her rubber ball I got for her is to get it out of her way... do your bunnies play with toys? :(

Last edited:
:lol: sounds just like a typical bunny, he didn't want you spoiling his fun by lifting him. it's not that he doesn't like you he was just trying to tell you he wanted to stay out. as far as the toys go ted would be the only one would play with them, but she'll usually through her ball just to get attention :love:

lol sounds like my cookie, they dont like being picked up anyways its not that they dont like u, i cant touch cookie so gettin her back int eh hutch is a nightmare i have to guide her back :p anytime i try to touch her she runs away, i thought the same its tht she didnt liek me but she always comes up to me she just doesnt like being stroked/pickedup

I had the same problem with Bramble last night. He did not want to go in.

Bramble does play with his toys, but not that much. He is happy to just snooze or kick over his water or food bowl instead!

My MintyBOy doesn't like being picked up at all - he will happily come and be stroked or groomed, and is perfectly friendly, but gets very cross if his feet are lifted off the floor. We do all travelling, to runs or the house in his carrying box. He knows to get in it when the door is opened and so I don't have to subject myself to his frantic scrabbling to get down and I know he won't hurt himself by leaping. Also, this way he doesn't do the angry foot stamping either !

not like me? I let her have garden time today and when I went to catch her she thumped and ran away! :evil: And to make that all "better," she now thumps at me whenever I try to pick 'er up! :?
Another note, the only time hhe picks up her rubber ball I got for her is to get it out of her way... do your bunnies play with toys? :(

Hi, i would say (like the op) that she is thumping to say let me be I am playing and enjoying it! I have one rabbit that does this everytime it is time to be put in the shed at night.

Haha, I guess my bunny doesn't like to be disturbed in the middle of being naughty. I picked her up right after she knocked over her water dish and you thumped 2 times. :roll:

Maybe try 'herding' next time using a piece of cardboard or something so they have no choice but to go where you want them to. Most bunnies hate being picked up, as they are prey animals they feel very unsafe being so far off the ground.

I have the same problem with, usually, Tyson. I can always get Sparkle in (the word treat works wonders for her!!) and then it's a herding method to get Ty and Bru into the shed. Usually one or the other makes a dash for freedom leaving me chasing them for, sometimes, hours on end.
They thump and look positively angry with me - I believe it's simply because they want to stay out all night but when will they realise that is not going to happen? so I think it's perfectly normal (if you count Ty and Bru as normal). They also just move toys out of the way rather than play with them. They get really mad with me when I hand them a toy and throw it!!

Back