• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo/Eddison Update

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I'm just finishing settling in from my move (sorry for the lack of updates!), and things are not good in the Milo/Eddison love story. I haven't had time to properly attempt bonding, so I've kept them in cages next to each other in their new rooms. Eddison is more aggressive than ever. Now he bats at Milo through the cage bars when Milo puts his head down to request grooming. Today, I sat inside Eddison's cage with him, and he batted at my hand when I put it down in front of him (which used to be our signal for "who wants a fuss?")

He hasn't been eating much hay or pellets since the move, or even before. But it seems worse now. I'm wondering if he doesn't have dental issues (as he's half nethie), which could be causing him to be more grumpy than usual. Could he be more territorial over his food because it takes him longer to eat it and he doesn't want anyone near it? Or is it combined stress from the move?

He thumps his foot a lot now, and I'm pretty sure he hates me. :( After half an hour, he finally let me pet him awhile, but things are just not right with him. His coat doesn't look as shiny anymore.

My funds are so low after this whole big move, and I'm anxiously awaiting my next paycheck. I want to avoid a vet visit, but I don't think it's possible right now, because not eating is far too worrying for me to wait on.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks guys!

I'm sorry you have been having such a stressful time lately. :( If Eddison doesn't look right please take him to the vets as soon as possible, as bunnies can go downhill fast. I am sending lots of vibes for your bunnies and hoping that somebody more experienced than me will come along soon to advise you.

Oh I'm really sorry :( It sounds like you're having a bad time. I really do think you're going to have to separate these 2. It seems like Edison is really stressed out :( lots of luck x x x

Oh I'm really sorry :( It sounds like you're having a bad time. I really do think you're going to have to separate these 2. It seems like Edison is really stressed out :( lots of luck x x x

I'm very sorry too, but have to agree with LoopyLouie. You've tried so hard with them, but they just don't seem to like each other.

Back