• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neutered x un neutered?

breeze

Mama Doe
when paired up do both buns have to be neutered or just one?i have a doe that im after a partner for and have seen an ideal buck whos neutered but she isnt yet?

I'd get them both done. If anything, preferably her. Does that are not spayed are 3 times more likely to get uterine cancer.

when paired up do both buns have to be neutered or just one?i have a doe that im after a partner for and have seen an ideal buck whos neutered but she isnt yet?

It's ideal for both to be neutered - does should be spayed for health reasons as well as the fact that their hormones when not neutered can make them stroppy etc.

But if you are asking as to whether they should both be neutered before you attempt to bond them then no, they don't *have* to both be neutered for this. However; you would have to then seperate them whilst she is spayed (I think anyway - from what I have read on here that this would be the case but am sure someone else will be able to confirm this!).

If you truly believe that this buck is 'ideal' though I don't see why you couldn't adopt him as you'd have to keep them seperate initially anyway - you can then decide whether you want to spay your current doe before or after she has been bonded to him.

If it were me I think I'd spay her first then bond them. But that is only my opinion! :) x

right thank you.i shall get her spayed then bond her.got see if buck is still available first.

Back