• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boarding

racheljessica

Alpha Buck
Would you leave your rabbit in bunny boarding for 23 days?

My OH and I are looking at destinations for our honeymoon and we would both like to go to america. My OH has got his heart set on a coast to coast tour which lasts 21 days, starts in New York and ends in San Francisco. It would be an amazing thing to do and I would love to go. I'd feel bad about leaving Bambi in bunny boarding for soo long though. I haven't anyone personally like a family member that I'd be able to trust to look after her properly. They only have 4ft hutches at bunny boarding. I feel bad enough leaving her there at all :(

I think it's a long time to leave her in boarding, but i'm sure she would be fine if she was given enough space! Not all boarding places keep them in hutches, they will usually have set ups available for house rabbits.

I would look after her for you, but obviously i'm over 2 hours away from you!!

I think it's a long time to leave her in boarding, but i'm sure she would be fine if she was given enough space! Not all boarding places keep them in hutches, they will usually have set ups available for house rabbits.

I would look after her for you, but obviously i'm over 2 hours away from you!!

Thanks Angela! What a shame you aren't nearer. I would have happily left Bambi with you. I have two bunny boarding places near me and they both only have 4ft hutches. Bunnies get to have time in a run for a few hours a day at both places but don't have runs attached. It's not an ideal set-up and I have left her at bunny boarding a couple of times but only for a week each time. I feel bad enough about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO bunny boarders that only have 4ft hutches should not be in business as they are not providing accomodation complying to RW standards, however temporary the stay is.

We have long term boarders here, the longest one being 7 months and she was fine. We currently have a gorgeous rabbit called "One" staying for 4 months - he isn't going home till at least the end of September. They do seem to settle well and we've never had a problem with long term boarders. Some take a few hours to settle others it's like they've always been here.

Well she is always welcome here! I could meet you part way or something.

Alternatively, you could ask a member on here if they would help for a fee or donation to a local rescue.

I know Tuckerbunnies is near you and she is lovely, she helps out Bunny burrows and may help you. She does have a lot of bunnies herself though so not sure how much space she will have!! xx

I've just found another bunny boarding place near me that have 6 ft hutches aswell as 4ft hutches. They state on their site that the 6ft hutches are for larger rabbits but if they are a decent place they should understand why we would want a 6ft hutch for a medium sized rabbit. Especially with it being for such a long time. I wouldn't feel so bad leaving her in a place with a 6 ft hutch.

IMO bunny boarders that only have 4ft hutches should not be in business as they are not providing accomodation complying to RW standards, however temporary the stay is.

I don't like the way some of these places refer to their 4ft hutches as being 'luxuriuos' either. Makes them seem like they don't have a clue about the needs of a rabbit :(

Well she is always welcome here! I could meet you part way or something.

Alternatively, you could ask a member on here if they would help for a fee or donation to a local rescue.

I know Tuckerbunnies is near you and she is lovely, she helps out Bunny burrows and may help you. She does have a lot of bunnies herself though so not sure how much space she will have!! xx

Thanks for the suggestions :) It's very kind of you to offer. We won't be booking the honeymoon for a while yet so I've still got plenty of time to sort something out and think about it some more. My brother has rabbits and I would leave her with him if he was more responsible. But he doesn't have a clue about rabbits and he won't listen to me either when I try to give him advice. He shouldn't have them at all really.

Thanks for the suggestions :) It's very kind of you to offer. We won't be booking the honeymoon for a while yet so I've still got plenty of time to sort something out and think about it some more. My brother has rabbits and I would leave her with him if he was more responsible. But he doesn't have a clue about rabbits and he won't listen to me either when I try to give him advice. He shouldn't have them at all really.

Yes, I remember how upset you were at your brother over those rabbits when we were at uni :(

well the offers there should you need it! xx

Yes, I remember how upset you were at your brother over those rabbits when we were at uni :(

well the offers there should you need it! xx

I still feel so awful about it. If anything it upsets me even more now as at the time I didn't know anything about rabbits myself. Now that I do, I know even more so just how bad the living conditions actually were :cry:

I'd gladly leave her with you as I know that she would be well looked after. I think the long journey would just be too stressful for her though.xx

I've just found another bunny boarding place near me that have 6 ft hutches aswell as 4ft hutches. They state on their site that the 6ft hutches are for larger rabbits but if they are a decent place they should understand why we would want a 6ft hutch for a medium sized rabbit. Especially with it being for such a long time. I wouldn't feel so bad leaving her in a place with a 6 ft hutch.

Hiya,

I live in Blackpool and have been looking for boarding for next year for my frenchie frankie. Where is the bunny boarding place that has 6ft hutches please. thanks :wave:

Back