• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bio-catolet??

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Im not going to be able to get Megazorb until the end of the month and wondered if the bio-catolet is similar?
Does anyone use it and has used megazorb? I dont want to use carfresh as im not keen on it :)

Ours on biocatolet at the moment as our megazorb supplier ran out. I really like it but it is more expensive

I bought a bag of bio-catolet because I thought it was more ecofriendly than the wood pellet cat litter I normally use. It worked ok, but things definitely smelt worse than with the wood stuff so I won't be buying it again.

What about Back2Nature I notice they are doing it in quite a few petshops around here. Edited to say just checked The Hay Experts website and it says it is fine for rabbits.

I was just going to make a thread like this myself about cat litter for buns.

I use wood litter from P@H but after what I saw in there this morning I want to never have to shop there ever again and was wondering what a good alternative would be :D

ETA: I've just looked up megazorb, how often would you say it needs changing?

Last edited:
I really liked BioCatalet and I thought it was actually more absorbent. But the downside is its very heavy and you get through a lot - plus its more expensive. I used it during the Great Megazorb Crisis of 2009.

I really liked BioCatalet and I thought it was actually more absorbent. But the downside is its very heavy and you get through a lot - plus its more expensive. I used it during the Great Megazorb Crisis of 2009.

I used to use Bio-Cat but I'd agree with everything you've said. Cleaning out my ratty cages was costing me an absolute fortune (even with staff discount). Now I get my 75l megazorb for £6. and it lasts me ages.

Back