• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just when we thought Pets at Home .....

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
was starting to improve things with their hutch sizes and the new range, they start selling stupid things like this as suitable for a rabbit hutch. It is just over 3 foot long.:evil:

25194_p.jpg

You can also get them as a fort, train etc too and the price £169.99!!!!!!

We saw these at our suppliers the other day and was thinking of getting some as hideaways for free ranging buns or as a hideaway for an indoor bun, purely to play in, but definitely not as a permanent hutch. :(

I would get my lot a little fire station or something to put in their kennel, but for a permanent hutch is utterly disgraceful.

Whoever has bought those in for the store wants sacking!!!!! :evil:

Far too small & a bloomin rip off!!!! :censored:

Train
25191_p.jpg

Firestation
25224_p.jpg

Fort

25195_p.jpg

Dimensions are 108 x 120 x 53.2 cm :censored:

Train and Firestation are so cool!!!!!
I like them because they can fit nicely inside my lot's kennel without taking too much room :roll:
Should not be sold in such a place as P@H though were morons buy them. If They were to do it on a 6-8ft scale, I'm sure they'd be far more popular.

Would be good as indoor houses instead of dog crates. Although I'm not entirely sure a fire engine is particularly more appealing that a dog crate I'm sure some people would like it :lol:

Trouble is Tamsin the sleeping areas are small even for an average sized lop. Might be o.k for smaller breeds or maybe guinea pigs though. The train and the fire engine also have no protection from the elements if used as an outside hutch :(

Actually before I looked at these closer, I thought they were cardboard guy type dens/shelters. Then I saw they were called "hutches" and ridiculously expensive!

It's not just the price that worries me it's the fact that staff will happily sell and probably even recommend them as being suitable to people buying rabbits from them in store.:evil::(

I don't like that they are intended to appeal to children because as we all know rabbits are children's play things NOT :evil:

Rabswood

I don't like that they are intended to appeal to children because as we all know rabbits are children's play things NOT :evil:

Rabswood

Funnily enough, anything that you think might appeal to the children usually has a bigger draw for the adults. For example things like the bunny boutique items, all lovely and pink. It's the adults who want to spoil the buns.... the kids aren't interested.

Funnily enough, anything that you think might appeal to the children usually has a bigger draw for the adults. For example things like the bunny boutique items, all lovely and pink. It's the adults who want to spoil the buns.... the kids aren't interested.

I think that's called 'wishful thinking' in this case! :(

Back