• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It must be genetic :(

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Well thats 3 of my buns with sore hocks :(

It started with millie, the mum, Shes a white and black lop and the heels of her feet went really sore from sitting in her pee all the time, no matter how much i cleaned her out :roll: Shes on the mend now thats shes outdoors and bedded on thick straw and hay :)

Then Fudge (white and fawny orange) got red heels because of the carpet, so she is now in a new cage with thick fleece bedding and thick straw and hay and now gets cleaned twice a day :) Her feet dont look as red so im hoping she is on the mend too :D

Then today i noticed Skyes (White and Black/grey) hocks were looking a bit red but not too bad just now, so will have to keep an eye on them :roll:

My other 2 Thumper and Gizmo both Agouti's have really thick fur on their feet compared to the whites :? Even when Blackie was alive, his feet were covered in really thick fur:)

Im thinking its genetic or something to do with being white? Which i could be completely wrong and im just a bad mummy for not looking after them properly :(

Is it likely to be genetic then? Its just Thumper that lives with millie has thick furred feet and the same with Giz who lives with Skye???

Ive just got really bad luck :cry:

Yes, it can be genetic, but its not related to colour. i would think it is related to fur on the feet but also temperment too. Obviously its not always genetic, but you're doing everything you can, which is all anyone can do.

Back