• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrendous Case of Flystrike :-( U/D Wed 8th July

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
..........down at Christabels :cry:
The poor Bunny had loads of maggots that have eaten alot of his bum away :cry:
He has also lost a third of his body weight due to Dental problems :cry:

I so hope the little chap makes it, he is really friendly and just lay on his side whilst the maggots were being picked out.
I hand fed him tiny bits of finely gratted Veg as he'd not eaten for 3 days :cry:

Any spare vibes would be really welcome here in Twickenham

xx

Last edited:
How awful, poor bunny I hope he'll be ok :( I am so paranoid with bum checks in this whether. Sending him vibes xx

sending loads of vibes...how did he come to be in that state? Is his owner taking him back if he makes it? :evil:

sending loads of vibes...how did he come to be in that state? Is his owner taking him back if he makes it? :evil:

I guess they just did not realise that a Bun with no front teeth can have problems cleaning. They also did not understand that just because the front teeth are not there it does not mean that the back teeth will be OK.
Ignorance rather than deliberate cruelty maybe :?

:cry:

I guess they just did not realise that a Bun with no front teeth can have problems cleaning. They also did not understand that just because the front teeth are not there it does not mean that the back teeth will be OK.
Ignorance rather than deliberate cruelty maybe :?

:cry:

if he makes it, would he have to go back to them? :?

Sending lots of healing vibes to this bunny.

Having had a minor scare with Homey last Friday (and I make sure they are clean too) I know how quick it can happen and I check bums at least 3 times a day.

Sending lots of healing vibes to this bunny.

Having had a minor scare with Homey last Friday (and I make sure they are clean too) I know how quick it can happen and I check bums at least 3 times a day.

I know. I went off on one when I saw the state of this poor Bunny, all the skin around his bum has been eaten :cry: But Christabel said that amount of damage can happen in 2-3 hours :shock: :cry:

There was a kidney dish full of maggots that had been picked off.

Sending vibes for this poorly bun, it must be very sore.

I have had a bun with flystrike, it really does happen very quickly:(

OMG thats awful :cry: what colour was the little fella Jane? I am now getting paranoid that it might be the lovely Harvey i rehomed about 2 months ago as he had no front teeth :cry:

Poor wee mite :cry: That is absolutely horrendous :cry:

Lots & lots of vibes from me & all our bunsters for this wee fella - I so hope he makes it xxx

Back