• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new bun or not

lcgoodac

Young Bun
we sadly lost our little muffin on wed teat time. I would really like to get another bun but my mum doesn't seem keen on the idea. we had maisy for 5 and half years and muffin for 6 and half years. how can i pursuade her to let me have one! it not as if im little im 22!

First of all I think you should wait a while to see if it's what you actually do want - it's only been a couple of days after all, and you might realise in a week or two that you were just missing your old bun, and you prefer a life without furry commitments!

Do you still live with your mum then? As rabbits live for quite a few years you need to think about how they'll fit into your future - where you'll be living, how much time you can dedicate to them etc. For example, if you move out it'll probably be into rented accomadation won't it? Most landlords don't like tennants to bring pets.

If you definately decide you want another, and your situation and accomadation is suitable, how about a rescue?

I agree with your mum. Don't rush into getting a new bun, I'm sure she's thinking about your future and it's probably best to wait a while before you commit to anything x

If something were to happen to all my buns (GOD FORBID - for example they all died as they were caught by a fox etc.) I'd be uttery lost. I'd spend a good few weeks/months grievin and then fulfilling my life again with a pair. This way I am filling the deep hole they have left and I am giving a pair a second chance at life.
I understand where you are coming from, personally would grieve a little first, think straight and then move :)

Sorry you lost your special girl :(
If you feel ready, I'd say go get a pair of bunnies - or at least start browsing :lol: (www.rabbitrehome.org.uk) and find a pair that you and your mum can fall in love with :love: just show her the piccies ;)

did your mum say why she doesn't want another one?

Maybe she was fond of Muffin and doesn't feel able to deal with the inevitable loss of a further rabbit.

Back