• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strawberry is bleeding

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Just gave Strawberry a bit of banana and noticed there was blood on it as he bit it. Checked him over and he has spilt his gum slightly infront of his bottom teeth. Have phoned the vets (its emergency service now) and they said to give him abit of metacam incase its sore and some Septrin to stop infection and keep a close eye. Its only a small cut so they wont be able to do anything if I take him in.

Why do my bunnies always get poorly when its out-of-hours???

Oh no vibes!!!
Picke decided to have little hissy fit and bashed himself into the table so bit his lip. I hope he has just knocked himself.

It doesnt seem to be bothering him and he is munching on some hay. Think Snowdrop might have caught him as they were both trying to eat the same fenugreek crunchie!

Has he banged his chin at all? Do his teeth look ok? chipped or loose? A bad bump on the chin can potentially fracture teeth at the roots/tip or even a hairline fracture to the jaw. Am glad he's got some metacam, just keep a close eye on his eating.
Our bun had a fall and bumped his chin and knocked both his lower incisors out and chipped the top ones. You wouldn't have known he kept on stuffing his face, even immediately afterwards, obviously we gave metacam and it wasn't until his check up with the vet the next morning that she lifted his two lower incisors right out of the jaw - they had snapped off at the root! They grew back fine :)
So just keep an eye on his eating. I'm sure it isn't this drastic, i'm not trying to panic you, just saying keep an eye out. Hope he's ok :)

Thanks. I will check him ove again in an hour once he has had time to calm down. He doesnt like being held so it was a struggle to find out where the blood was coming from. I am not sure how he would have banged himself but I will give his teeth a wobble later and make sure they are ok.

I need to get one of those things you check their back teeth with as they both have small spurs so need to keep an eye on those anyways.

Back