• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with shelves in my new shed!

dayle_x

Mama Doe
I have a lovely new shed in the middle of being put up for my buns. It is now up and my grandad kindly offered to put me some shelves in so, i said yes please, showed him where and left him to it.

Well :shock:
He has wrecked my shed.
He forced a shelf in the back wall, 6ft long, 2ft wide fair enough but the sides of my shed are like wearing away where hes forced it in instead of taking a cm off the end of the wood :cry:
Hes also made them so it is like a strip of wood underneath them which is the only support.
I need to take them all down, and put some new shelves back up with brackets.
So now i'm going to have random holes all over my shed

Also, whats the best way to secure lino down?

I need to put the metal stuff down the sides so buns can't chew, and add a run, and they can finally move in! :D

I have a lovely new shed in the middle of being put up for my buns. It is now up and my grandad kindly offered to put me some shelves in so, i said yes please, showed him where and left him to it.

Well :shock:
He has wrecked my shed.
He forced a shelf in the back wall, 6ft long, 2ft wide fair enough but the sides of my shed are like wearing away where hes forced it in instead of taking a cm off the end of the wood :cry:
Hes also made them so it is like a strip of wood underneath them which is the only support.
I need to take them all down, and put some new shelves back up with brackets.
So now i'm going to have random holes all over my shed

Also, whats the best way to secure lino down?

I need to put the metal stuff down the sides so buns can't chew, and add a run, and they can finally move in! :D

It's fine to put shelves up with batons along the bottom edges instead shelf brackets. Shelf brackets are just convenient and easy to DIY.

No sure what you mean by wearing away the wood :? Has he cut a grove to slot the shelf in? If the edges are untidy fit beading it will cover it up :) If your fitting lino on it, put that down, then beading around the edge and it will look posh and stop them digging up corners.

It's fine to put shelves up with batons along the bottom edges instead shelf brackets. Shelf brackets are just convenient and easy to DIY.

No sure what you mean by wearing away the wood :? Has he cut a grove to slot the shelf in? If the edges are untidy fit beading it will cover it up :) If your fitting lino on it, put that down, then beading around the edge and it will look posh and stop them digging up corners.

yeah but if i ever so slightly lean on them they practically fall down :lol:
How could I put lino down on the floor?

Thank you for your advice x

We just lay the lino on the wood underneath, we didnt use anything to attach it as if it ever needs replacing it will be easier to get up. We then used 1" pieces of wood along all the bottom edges, and as of yet the lino is fine as the bunnies cant get to the edges ;)

All our shelves in our shed are held up with batons of wood :? They wouldnt take my weight but are fine for the bunnies :)

xXx

Back