• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hemcore/ auboise

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone used either of these in their rabbits litter tray? I am thinking of using one of them for my rats as substrate and wondered if it would be any good with rabbits, the hemcore is citronella scented too so should help keep flys away!

I use it my girls daisy amnd maisy have it in there litter trays but the others just have it in the hutches cause they won't use trays

I have not used hemcore but have used aubiose as bedding for my guineas for over 2 years and love it!! My bun lives indoors and I did try it over newspaper in her littler tray but she kicked it everywhere so I gave up :lol: it would be great in an outdoor hutch over newspaper though!

Aubiose is great as it is totally compostable, absorbant, non irritant and good value as it goes way further than megazorb (which I hate-dusty stuff :evil:)

hemcore/auboise

I use Auboise and have done for many years it,s great:)my bunnies don,t use litter trays so i put it in their hutches:)

I use hemcore :wave: its brill, great odour control and like you said the citronella helps keep flies at bay.

I also use hemcore for my hamsters, torts and guinea pigs ;)

When I had Hemcore, I couldn't stand the smell! I couldn't use the bag up quick enough! :shock:

I use hemcore :wave: its brill, great odour control and like you said the citronella helps keep flies at bay.

I also use hemcore for my hamsters, torts and guinea pigs ;)

When you use Auboise or Hemcore (hemp bedding) for a horse you need to dampen it when you first put it in, do you do that for the hamsters and guinea pigs or just use it as is?

I just use it as it is :D

Thankyou, I might try that for my hamster and the guinea pigs as I have to go to a second farmshop to get Magazorb which I usually use as the first store I use don't have it (but have nicer hay!) but they do stock Auboise bedding. Do you find the hamsters nibble it? It's not harmful is it?

Back