• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house

Rachie

Mama Doe
We're going to be moving house soon and I'm concerned about the effects on my buns

I've read different things about bun's getting stressed and poorly during the house move (due to the disruption), I know when I did a massive cleaning session prior to Ebbie coming to me Oliver got a tad upset and wee'd everywhere! Also, I need to decorate this place before I had my keys back and I'm worried about any effects the paint might have on them?

I'm wondering whats the best thing to do - should I put them into bunny boardings for 3-5 weeks? I feel bad thinking about this as they'll be confined to a hutch/cage (rather than having free reign of my house) for short amount of time but I'm trying to balance that against them getting ill? Or how about a foster arrangement? But I'm not sure how it works or who I'd ask etc?

Any advice or thoughts would be gratefully be appreciated!

Thanks guys :D xx

When I moved, I made sure I had an overlap on contracts so I could decorate new home before we actually moved in.

Yoshi's cage and run was packed up, I made the trip to new flat leaving Yoshi at the old flat with my nephew. I set it all up before going to pick him up so he could go straight into his new room, he was fine. I didn't clean anything when I moved so everything still smelt as it did before move.

Hope the move goes well and you all enjoy the new house

Back