• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding 4's- advice?

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Hi, does anyone have any feelings on bonding 4 rabbits

I have my bonded male and female pair (both neutered)- the male is not tolerant of other males i dont think he doesnt seem that type-

i would like to bond them- at a rescue with a bonded pair of females.

is this feesable - 3 females and one male?

just because my male can be 'grumpy' does this mean i wil have problems bonding them- he seems a little possesive by way that he cleans the female straight away when i have stroked her as if to re-claim his territory.

I am not looking to rush into anythin- i did consider having a giant but i cannot have just one because they would get lonely

i am looking into a huge bespoke run and hutch (walk in ) so space will not be problem- i worry about bonding a 3 because one might get left out-

I also heard that the bonded pairs can fall out if the attempt is not successful- it this likely? they are an established pair- about 18 months / 2 years together

i have 3 females and a male together and they adore each other,:D:D but didnt you need to rehome a couple of rabbits not so long ago:?

i did look at rehoming them last year when i split with my ex and lost the house-

but i managed to persuade my parents to let me keep them- i got back on my feet and i now have my own house (which i own) with a massive garden- so its not a problem

im not ir-responsible lol - i love them very much they are spoilt and have a life of luxury !

yes i do have a good memory:lol::lol: especially when it comes to rehoming bunnies and then getting more;)

:oops::oops: lucky i kept them then! he he - i feel bad now that u think bad of me- they were homeless and had to move in with my auntie for a couple of months but i had them back as soon as i had room!

I've just bonded my four, very very very stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have two bucks and two does. I think it depends on the buns to be honest, does can be just as bad. If your buck is the dominant one then i think you're right a bonded pair of does would be best. Goodluck!

thank you- i have a week off work later in the year about september time so i will use that week to bond-

im scared..

dont rule out a three though, when i did a foursome one bunny got left out and i had to stop it, as there was a close knit trio and then pebbles on her own, so no matter how many you add they can still get left out.

no more or no less whether its a 3 or 4 , it can happen in any number!

:)

There are no hard and fast rules with regard to bonding a group - depends on the bunnies in question.

I recently successfully bonded a male into an existing group of 4 (3 does and 1 buck).

Shout if you need any help.

Back