• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rehome Car Stickers?

Dustyrabbit

Warren Veteran
In pets@home yesterday and just missed being able to spread the rehome word to a potential bunny purchaser, she was looking at a little white lop and asking did they only have the one, she was out the door before I could catch her.

So I got to thinking that probably quite a few people just don't know that there are rabbits in rescue/rehoming centres as well as cats and dogs and wondering how we could advertise this fact to enlighten everyone. I still have my Make Mine Chocolate poster in the care and got to thinking maybe a car sticker would be a good idea? Are there any in existance, for Rabbit Rehome or any local rescues? If not do you think we could get some? If I ever meet anyone looking to buy rabbits I always direct them to Rabbit Rehome then they can search for bunnies in their area but pushy and chatty as I am I still can't reach that many:lol:

I saw one in the back of a car that read 'A hutch is not enough'. I thought it was brilliant but couldnt read the small print that said where it was from.

I'm thinking more of something to let people know that they could get a rescue bunny rather than buy one at a breeder or pet shop.

I'd deffo put one in my car if you can get them from somewhere.

I bought my little Jose from P@H and then found this forum, I'm proud to say that my next bunny will deffo not be from a pet shop/P@H - and I already have my eye on a particular hunnybun for him - just need to get him neutered once he's old enough :D

Much to my husbands dissaproval, we have the 'Hutch is not Enough' Sticker on the back window of our car :D

I got it when i joined the RWAF :) I think you can actually buy the car stickers from them for about £3-£4... i shall go look :)

ETA: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

Absolutely love the 'Get into the habit, look after your rabbit' Sticker :love: Theres a few others on there too :)

Last edited:
i think a car sticker is a fab idea! I sell some bunny ones through my business "bunny creations" and so may be able to help with designing and getting hold of some. i'd be happy to sell them at cost as it's such a good cause!
this is one i currently sell (this one is for the home), i'm sure Tamsin could supply us with a logo for a design. Let me know what everyone thinks and if you need my help i'm happy to oblige!
EMERGECYDECAL.jpg

i think a car sticker is a fab idea! I sell some bunny ones through my business "bunny creations" and so may be able to help with designing and getting hold of some. i'd be happy to sell them at cost as it's such a good cause!
this is one i currently sell (this one is for the home), i'm sure Tamsin could supply us with a logo for a design. Let me know what everyone thinks and if you need my help i'm happy to oblige!
EMERGECYDECAL.jpg

Thats a fab idea Lisa :thumb: I would definately buy one :D xXx

Yes, that would be great as it doesn't look like we have anything yet to make people think about rehoming rather than buying from pet shops and breeders and to direct them to somewhere they can find out about local rehoming centres. The other more welfare type stickers are great but just not what I was thinking of.

I guess we have to go to the chiefs about this one and see what we can do.

I don't think we'd have to have a catchy slogan (may smack of mad bunny ladies:lol:) but just get the facts across, "Before you buy a pet rabbit please concider the ??,??? beautiful bunnies, young and not so young, waiting in rescue for a second chance/loving forever home(?) Link to RR (if thats allowed).

Or

"Young and not so young, fluffy and smooth, floppy and uppity eared, we are waiting in rescue for another chance, please concider us before you buy from a pet shop or breeder." Picture of bunnies and link.

Just wondering if the RSPCA have one?

EMERGECYDECAL.jpg

What do you think Tamsin?

think its a great idea :p i certainly didnt know about rescue homes for rabbits before i got mine, and before i joined this forums :p

Back