• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help me decide which run for this new hutch,,,,,

either would work, whichever is easier to secure. better yet is 6ft x 6ft or more, but whatever you can fit in and afford

having said that, the wood of that hutch looks really soft, so probably wont last.

Its also only 20" wide :? So isnt 2 foot wide. A 6x6 run would be better, but as for which way the run will go depends on how your garden is etc.

You should go to a local timber place to price up a hutch and run xXx

I was quoted £300 :shock:
I could get a shed for that - but cant place it cos the way my garden is - will try upload pics later. I thought that would be better than the thistle hall

I'm not keen on those hutches :oops:

I don't think they are deep enough at all, and the wood they are made from is cheap redwood and doesn't sustain chewing. For the money it is going for, you would be better off paying a little more and buying a quality hutch made from sturdy timber. It will be more cost effective in the future.

I'm not keen on those hutches :oops:

I don't think they are deep enough at all, and the wood they are made from is cheap redwood and doesn't sustain chewing. For the money it is going for, you would be better off paying a little more and buying a quality hutch made from sturdy timber. It will be more cost effective in the future.

I have to say I agree with you. Not deep enough, especially cos you have the ramp which takes up lots of room on both levels.

I would go for a straight hutch, 6' x 2' and attatch a big permenant run.

Have you tried your local RSPCA centre, ours sells big hutches and runs, about £200 - £250 the pair and so does our local National Animal Welfare Trust.

Back