• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Curosity - Holiday boardings

JustJack

New Kit
Hi there, i was wondering what everyone does when they go on holiday? My dad usually haves my dog, and when i went away in May by brother stayed at ours to look after the dog and jack my gorgeous rabbit. But as summer is coming i wouldnt mind a few little weekends away camping. My dad has said he would have them at his house, but i dont want Jack to get confused. We rehomed him a few months ago, and he has the free run of the house and the garden so a free range bunny! Have been looking at boarding places, and they look lovely, but not sure he would like being couped up in a hutch!! And then only having a run to exercise in, i dont know am i being too overprotected?? Would it bother him at all? Would it be better for him to stay with the dog so he is more settled even though in a new house and surroundings? Many thanks x x

I guess its a change for him either way?

The only alternative would be to get a pet sitter in (I have one for my outdoor buns who comes twice a day) but then there is the question of whether he would get the same attention...

I'm just about to take my house bun to my mums, as he's single and likes lots of attention. Usually he settles really quickly, but then each bun is different! x

some boarding places dont just have hutches!

We have an outhouse which is for indoor bunnies or bunnies used to free range, as its nice and big, so it feels more similar than being cooped up in a hutch.

Lots of places offer this sort of thing, depends where you are though! :wave:

There are several bunny boarding places that have huge walk-in dog kennels or summer houses for the buns to stay in. I wouldn't send mine to a hutch because that's not what they're used to. Where abouts do you live?

Thanks for all your replys, i live in Christchurch, Dorset, so if anyone had any recommendations please do x

Back