• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do people suggest?

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
Ok trying to explain... the fur infront of Lolas eye (towards the cute nose) seems to be going hard like it would if it the eye was weeping but her eye is clear and looks completely fine. the area of fur that is hard is fine (no sores etc).

I have been bathing it with cooled boiled water but doesnt seem to be making any difference! It did this previously about a month ago and cleared when i bathed it!

I am puzzled! Why would the fur by hard but no signs of anything in or around the eye? Nothing oozy and if you didnt know her you probably wouldnt notice!

Any ideas?

Could she have got something sticky on it? like something she ate or when she was playing etc? :?

Could she have got something sticky on it? like something she ate or when she was playing etc? :?

hmmm she did have pear about 3 days ago.... but none since, brocolli yesterday and carrot today! But surely it would not still be sticky from the pear? I may smell her later!! lol

she not hoking round trees and stuff where she could maybe get sap on them? it sound like she's actually getting it sticky by poking her nose into something. yeah check if theres a smell off it.

she not hoking round trees and stuff where she could maybe get sap on them? it sound like she's actually getting it sticky by poking her nose into something. yeah check if theres a smell off it.

No she hasnt been outside because of the hot weather for about 5 days. (she is a house bun)

I think i will smell her tonight!!! :lol:

Our elderly bunny suffered with the same thing, although his eyes never appeared to be sore or weepy. The area would get quite crusty. We had to give it quite a soaking with warm water to remove it and then I used a tiny smear of vaseline so it was easier to wipe away the next time

Our elderly bunny suffered with the same thing, although his eyes never appeared to be sore or weepy. The area would get quite crusty. We had to give it quite a soaking with warm water to remove it and then I used a tiny smear of vaseline so it was easier to wipe away the next time

The strange thing is that its isnt getting crusty.. i am thinking that maybe she lay in her pear!!

If it doesnt clear up i will try the vaseling idea!

Did you take you bun to vets? Or just treat it yourself?

The vet checked it out when he was there for other things but couldn't find anything wrong just said old age, 9years, and maybe sitting in a draught/draft (you know what I mean:lol: can't seem to get that to look right!) his eyes always looked clear and we never saw them running or weeping.

If he may have been getting in a mess with his food then I'd clean it off and wait and see.

The vet checked it out when he was there for other things but couldn't find anything wrong just said old age, 9years, and maybe sitting in a draught/draft (you know what I mean:lol: can't seem to get that to look right!) his eyes always looked clear and we never saw them running or weeping.

If he may have been getting in a mess with his food then I'd clean it off and wait and see.

Yeah will do.

She is only 2 so hope its not a long term problem (as she hates having her eyes cleaned!!)

and i also cant work out which draught/draft it is!! :lol::lol:

Thank you

Back