• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help! no poos

cazh

Warren Scout
Hello,

Need some quick advice please!

George has been fine all day and is running about and eating/drinking fine but he hasn't used his litter tray all day. He is passing liquid due to the amount of extra water we've given him due to the heat, but no poos all day??? He seems fine and his stomach isn't hard. Any idea what I can do to help him along ro what it could be?

Thanks!

No he's just been eating the same as normal - spring greens and hay. He's running round the room but when he goes in his litter tray he sits there for ages and there's no poos at all :(

Just seen the post below - seems exactly the same as mine oops. If he hasn't pood in an hour or so i'll take him to the vets.

Yeah I reckon that's the best thing to do,it could be stasis or blockage..am sending vibes for your bun xxx I hope he'll be ok! :)

He's just done about 6... which i guess is something. Your vibes worked! Maybe it's the hot weather, poor buns they all seem to be suffering. :(

Even if he does a few poos now I would either want to take him along to the vet tonight just to make sure everything if shifting along at last, or keep a very close eye on him as long as he carries on eating, he may be ok now or he may still need some drugs to help it on its way and some fluids too. Hoping for lots of nice droppings by morning for your bun :) Syringing some water/cooled herbal tea should help perk him up if he lets you.
I think with both this and the post below it may be this hot weather dehydrating the guts quicker than the buns can drink it in! :(

Last edited:
Back