• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant bunnies in Pets@ Home.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I was disappointed to see 2 giant bunnies for sale in P@H today, they were the only rabbits in, although they had a lot of guinea pigs.
It did say they needed more room than standard rabbits, but I'm pretty sure they don't stock anything big enough.
They were lovely agouits, I know nothing about giant breeds so don't know what they were, but have noticed there are more and more for sale in the local Sct-ads, so there are bound to be some appearing in rescues soon, up here.:(

How sad :( The P@H near us has been rehoming the giant bunnies quicker than they can get them in, everytime we pop in theres a different giant bunny in there :(

Lets hope they all go to good homes ay. The price people pay for them surely must mean they want them, theyre £129 down here.

xXx

The giant buns in my local p@h are always homed as singles as they only have 1 in at a time. There doens't seem to be any info with them about needing company either :cry:

They are £129 up here to. Someone brought one and took it back for re-homing as she was to big.I only know because i came out with her and i played war in the shop at selling giant rabbits to households that aren't prepared.:roll: God knows i wasn't intending on getting a rabbit that day,let alone a giant one.:oops:. But I'm so glad i did and they actually ring me up from time to time to see how she is:shock:. She lived in the house until i had a hutch built big enough for her to have loads of room. Now she comes and goes as she pleases. It's just a shame that they think it's ok to sell them,The same giant rabbit has been in there now for 3-4 months and no-one seems interested in paying that much for a rabbit.I hope it will show that it's not worth selling them here,but I'm not that lucky.:roll:.

:\ i was in P@H a few days ago and they had some giant buns, one of them, his eyes on the outside were really red, i dunno what this means or if its ment to be like tht but i know my buns arnt like that, they also hd pretty murky lookin water, its horrible to see

How sad :( The P@H near us has been rehoming the giant bunnies quicker than they can get them in, everytime we pop in theres a different giant bunny in there :(

Lets hope they all go to good homes ay. The price people pay for them surely must mean they want them, theyre £129 down here.

xXx

they are £129 here as well, but people spend 100's of pounds on dogs and get rid of them six months later. I'm not sure the hope they will think about it is justified.:(

Last time I was in my local P@H they had two giants buns in :( There wasn't any information about them or how much they cost. There was a boy trying to convince his mum to buy one saying all they'll need to buy is the £90 dog kennel type thing that was next to the inclosure, the hay and thats it :roll:

there were 2 in our local one, one went about 6mnths ago and the other is still there... about a year later. they are charging £129 for them. makes me sad to think what they're missing out on being in a glass pen all the time like some show piece.

In our local theres a 'resident' giant bun who always seems to be there :( I don't think she's for sale as she has recently had a litter of 6 babies. They're £129 here aswel.

We bought our lil Chester from pets at home, they have a real high turnover of giants in ours and we were really quizzed about where we were going to keep him.

He was worth every single penny.........even though he is the naughtiest rabbit ever :lol:

on another note about P@H we re-housed a lovely little guinea pig from their adoption centre and we were lied to about his age....told he was only a year and a half old........a month later he died, vet's told us he was really old :(

We bought our lil Chester from pets at home, they have a real high turnover of giants in ours and we were really quizzed about where we were going to keep him.

He was worth every single penny.........even though he is the naughtiest rabbit ever :lol:

on another note about P@H we re-housed a lovely little guinea pig from their adoption centre and we were lied to about his age....told he was only a year and a half old........a month later he died, vet's told us he was really old :(

Did you pay £129?

If he came in adoption - pets at home might have been told by the previous owner that his age was a year old so may not have been there fault in that instance :)

Back