• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can someone bond my buns? I can't take it U/D Good news!

kerry-123

Mama Doe
I actually can't it's horrible I've tried three times I can't watch them fight I just can't! Oliver and Buddy are brothers they were fine together I was really shocked they were getting on like old times, then once wee Joey (the dad) tried to join them Oliver flipped out and attacked buddy fluff EVERYWHERE:shock: I couldn't watch it and had to seperate:cry: Do you think the vets would do a bonding thing or anything? Or maybe know someone ? Just looking for someone who will bond these guys I really can't :cry:

Last edited:
I actually can't it's horrible I've tried three times I can't watch them fight I just can't! Oliver and Buddy are brothers they were fine together I was really shocked they were getting on like old times, then once wee Joey (the dad) tried to join them Oliver flipped out and attacked buddy fluff EVERYWHERE:shock: I couldn't watch it and had to seperate:cry: Do you think the vets would do a bonding thing or anything? Or maybe know someone ? Just looking for someone who will bond these guys I really can't :cry:

Are they all neutered? Bonding neutered males is one of the trickier bonds in most instances. Female:male pairings are usually the best for longevity and ease of bonding. No a vet won't be able to do this for you. You will need to find someone local experienced with bonding or a rabbit rescue where they do this sort of thing daily. You may be able to get help via phone/email from a rabbit rescue too - am sure someone experienced on here can help :)
You may also have to accept that bonding 3 or even 2 males long term might just not work i'm afraid, sometimes the hierarchy just doesn't fit. In the wild groups or pairs are made up of males and females. You might get lucky though so don't give up yet, just get some prof help! Good luck :)

Not sure of anyone where you are :( Sorry you are struggling with it x

Are they all neutered? Bonding neutered males is one of the trickier bonds in most instances. Female:male pairings are usually the best for longevity and ease of bonding. No a vet won't be able to do this for you. You will need to find someone local experienced with bonding or a rabbit rescue where they do this sort of thing daily. You may be able to get help via phone/email from a rabbit rescue too - am sure someone experienced on here can help :)
You may also have to accept that bonding 3 or even 2 males long term might just not work i'm afraid, sometimes the hierarchy just doesn't fit. In the wild groups or pairs are made up of males and females. You might get lucky though so don't give up yet, just get some prof help! Good luck :)

They are all neutered thanks for the advice.

sorry for asking but are you bonding them in a small neutral area? or are you putting Joey in with the other two in their or his cage/hutch etc?

Fur pulling is pretty normal though - Really you should let them get on with it unless you really think someone is going to get hurt.

I feel that due to your location you may struggle finding someone to help you :(

Do you have a local rescue?

Fur pulling is pretty normal though - Really you should let them get on with it unless you really think someone is going to get hurt.

I feel that due to your location you may struggle finding someone to help you :(

Do you have a local rescue?

I could look one up I know it's normal it's just sooo hard for me to watch:cry:

Arnie ripped Kira's fur out at first and she screamed :cry: I checked her over and she was fine, he continued to hump her and she was nervous but now they are so much in love you would never have thought it :lol:

Arnie ripped Kira's fur out at first and she screamed :cry: I checked her over and she was fine, he continued to hump her and she was nervous but now they are so much in love you would never have thought it :lol:

Scooch screamed once :cry::cry: but that was because Joey attacked her (after he impregnanted her MEN!! lol:roll:)

Its so hard to watch your own bunnies chasing,fur pulling etc.Daisy was an absolute :censored: to Loppy :(,even attacking him in the pet carrier,[yet the first time I bonded her to Fluffy[now at bridge]- it was love at first sight!!!led me into a false sense of security about bonding] If you could find someone to help even for the first few days,failing that you've just got to keep telling yourself over and over that they are only establishing pecking order.

ps Daisy and Loppy now idolise each other,snuggle up at nights with mutual grooming :D,you would never believe their "rocky" start

Update Joey and Buddy are GREAT

Good news, Joey and Buddy are in the shed (Buddy was in his playpen but he got out) I just noticed intially I went to freak out but then I seen Joey was sitting next to him eating hay and didn't have a care in the world. I'm amazed I'm just a bit stuck now for what to do with Oliver? He seems to be the one making things awkward so would just like some advice as to when to add him to Joey and Buddy? They are actually getting along great I'm so happy :D

Good news, Joey and Buddy are in the shed (Buddy was in his playpen but he got out) I just noticed intially I went to freak out but then I seen Joey was sitting next to him eating hay and didn't have a care in the world. I'm amazed I'm just a bit stuck now for what to do with Oliver? He seems to be the one making things awkward so would just like some advice as to when to add him to Joey and Buddy? They are actually getting along great I'm so happy :D

Why not leave the happy couple as they are and get a nice spayed girlie for Oliver instead to live as another couple?

Why not leave the happy couple as they are and get a nice spayed girlie for Oliver instead to live as another couple?

I was thinking that but sadly it means it would need put off for a while :cry: so I can buy another hutch, I have four girlies who will be getting spayed soon so maybe once I buy another hutch

Back