• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's Hot, hot hot!!

capel

Warren Veteran
Well, still no rain! I've moved all my hanging baskets into the shade and given them a good drenching.
I'm not putting them into the runs on the grass as it's much too hot and no shade until the afternoon.The fosterbuns are happy in the hutch/combo because it's in full shade until around 4pm, but the trio's hutch is in full sun until 1-ish. SO I've rigged up a tent affair with a white sheet to create some shade and have also got a fan running, which the buns seem to really appreciate!

Hmmm, it's thick cloud here and has been most of the week and very hot and humid. Can you send some of your sun over this way?

I put all mine out in their runs on the grass 'cos the grass was cool and the backyard where the hutches sit was surprisingly warm... it's normally cool in the backyard! But Edgar was far too warm this morning and needed cooling. :(

They're all in full shade at the moment, and as the sun shifts and the shade goes I'm just going to have to keep re-wetting the towels over them, and switching bricks. Poor furry monsters don't like feeling so hot and floppy.

I'd save your leccy bill with the fan - I know some people say their buns enjoy the feel of it, but in this case all it will do is blow your cooler air (which has cooled down from being shaded) out into the warm air, being replaced with more warm air.

Its still baking here. I think we are going to have rain on Saturday. Bunnies are staying in today under the fans. Your buns sound like they are lovely and cool.

Its baking here to! Leo and Lila are ok because they are on the patio in a bit that never gets full sun. Peter and Mopsy are hot, hot, hot! I have drapped a white sheet over the run which I keep soaking. I have used the mist function on the hose to cool them down which they werent best pleased about to begin with but the 2nd time they came hopping over for more! They are all completely ignoring their ice pods though.:roll:

I'd save your leccy bill with the fan - I know some people say their buns enjoy the feel of it, but in this case all it will do is blow your cooler air (which has cooled down from being shaded) out into the warm air, being replaced with more warm air.

That's true up to a point. A fan won't cool down a space but when air accelerates it cools down , which is why you feel cooler when you stand in front of a fan. I knew the run wouldn't be cooler, but the breeze created by the fan is cooler so at least they were having a bit of cooler air around them. They certainly chose to sit in its path all morning.:lol:

Back