• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone I know "needs to get rid of 4 baby rabbits" :-(

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
Not me! :D

But that's the predictable phrase that's now being used by my OH's kung-fu instructor. You might remember me asking for some advice to pass on about pregnancy and seperating bunnies, well apparently they phoned round all the local petshops to try and get rid of the babies and none of them were interested. The next I heard was today, they've been let down by the people that were going to take the last 4 babies and 'need to get rid before they start breeding'. Babies are now about 9 weeks old, I can't take them because I just don't have the room or funds.

It's so frustrating, I'm going to send him a few rescue numbers but I get the feeling he wouldn't be impressed if a rescue asked for a donation when taking them in either :evil: :roll:
I'm not sure what will happen if they're still there once they're old enough to start breeding... which is pretty soon I assume..?

Last edited:
I've not actually met them... I've got a picture my OH took of a couple of the first litter, with their mum
Image024.jpg

I don't even know if they've had them sexed. My OH was wondering if I could do it but I haven't sexed a rabbit myself in over a decade, so I wouldn't be too confident in my ability! If they won't get the vet to do it though, and don't have any luck with the rescues then I might have to give it a go :shock:

They're adorable. They have the same sort of look about them as Charlie did when he was a baby (he's a lionhead cross) but I know all baby rabbits are cute and fluffy so I'm probably wrong :lol:

I've not actually met them... I've got a picture my OH took of a couple of the first litter, with their mum
Image024.jpg

I don't even know if they've had them sexed. My OH was wondering if I could do it but I haven't sexed a rabbit myself in over a decade, so I wouldn't be too confident in my ability! If they won't get the vet to do it though, and don't have any luck with the rescues then I might have to give it a go :shock:

:love: :love: :love: :love:
Oh wow, they are so cute. I am sorry that I dont have any room or funds either but I hope they find new homes soon.

Thanks guys, I've had a local(ish) offer to take all 4 babies! I'm so pleased :D
My OH is going to pass on the contact number tonight so hopefully I'll be able to stop worrying about them soon.

Back