• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent advise needed for bereaved bunny!!

Lexii

New Kit
Hi, i sadly lost my 2month old dwarf lop last night :cry: after having been to the vets for and abcess to be drained...also feeling very guilty for that as my guinea pig was the cause..but now im left with his grieving brother and I'm not sure what to do! He was able to spend some hours with the body this morning and when he moved away from it for an hour I removed it. After that he only ate hay and had stayed behind the sofa all day. The pair were very close and groomed each other most of the day! He now seems ''back to normal'' and is sprawled out like usual on his stomach in front of the tv. Ive been looking on websites and a lot seem to suggest bonding the remaining bunny with a new friend. I have 2 other rabbits and seeing them together now makes me feel sad that this one has lost his pal. Any advice on this would be much appreciated and if anyone has been through the same thing i'd be grateful to know what happend.

XX

I'm so sorry for your loss. My two year old dwarf lop died last Monday - and we are so sad, so I know what you are going through. :(

Hope your other wee bunny is okay.

Hi,

I notice you are in the North East. There are a few rescues around here that can help you should you want to take on another rabbit. It may be worth speaking with them. I'm sorry about your loss :(

So sorry to hear about your loss :( The remaining bunny is probably feeling very lonely after loosing his pal. As hes only young, you could either bond him with a neutered female or maybe try to bond him with the pair you already have?

Some rescues offer a bonding service :)

We arent too far from you and have several female bunnies in at the moment ;) have a peek here...

http://www.rspca-walsall.org.uk/newpages/rabbits.htm

Take care, hope everything works out right xXx

So sorry to hear about your loss :( The remaining bunny is probably feeling very lonely after loosing his pal. As hes only young, you could either bond him with a neutered female or maybe try to bond him with the pair you already have?

Some rescues offer a bonding service :)

We arent too far from you and have several female bunnies in at the moment ;) have a peek here...

http://www.rspca-walsall.org.uk/newpages/rabbits.htm

Take care, hope everything works out right xXx

Where is Walsall... I didn't think it was close to Newcastle upon Tyne :shock:

Im not sure where it is either! I dont think he would be able to get along with my 2 lionheads as they are 1yr old now and are a very bonded pair. they live outside in the shed and are free to roam in the garden all day and Lupin (the remaining bun) is indoors at the moment and is currently a 'house rabbit'. I have noticed he is staying behind the sofa a lot of the time and only seems to come out when he sees the cat, which he goes up to. Could it be a sign of wanting company? He has also developed slight destructive behaviour :? !

Back