• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping rabbits with chickens and guinea pigs...

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
is there any law or anything that says you cant?!?

The reason i ask is because today we took our Godson to a childrens farm and the bunnies (ranging from continental giants to nethies), piggies and chickens were all been housed together. They all had a big bowl of what looked like rolled oats and a big bowl of water to share. Hay was available and they were all bedded on straw.

I want to send them a letter to voice my concerns, butif i cant find anything to back it up then theres no point :( Ive had a quick scan through the net and cant seem to find anything as of yet....

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Nope, obviously each individual animal needs to have its needs met but there is no specific law against group housing.

Although there's no laws, you could write to them with guidelines, eg. rspca. not sure you'll find any info re chickens :shock: but should be easier with buns eg with the vitamin c thing.

Yeah its only really the diet, and they all had access to hay... just the rolled oats that worried me abit :? I shall send them a letter anyway i think, i dont know much about chickens or piggies needs but the poor bunnies :(

Back