• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drinking water temp?

dayle_x

Mama Doe
With this hot weather do they like it really cold, just cold, room temp etc?

I have been changing the water bottles twice a day to make sure its cool but will they like it?

I always prepare the veg and leave it on the side for half hour :)

As for the water, ive redone all the buns water twice today and will do it again tonight, i normally give it them straight from the tap in this weather :?

I've only read about not giving veg straight from the fridge once (before i discovered RU) so out of habit i always let it 'thaw' for 20-30 mins before giving it to Bun.

Cold water into a hot body can cause a tum upset. The way horses get colic and it's not recommended to give humas cold water when they have heatstroke. (body cooling down to quick from inside i think)

I always get mine out of the fridge half an hour before hand, but then it take an hour to fill all the bowls so has usually warmed up OK by then :)

As I posted on another thread, I don't think it really matters how cold the water is as long as they have plenty available to keep hydrated. Although you obviously don't want it to get too hot in the sun or it will start to turn yukky ( thats a technical term :lol: )

OK mine's fussy, & spoiled, but he'll only drink luke warm water :shock: even in this weather.:shock::shock:
Food has always been at room temp - just cos he's little & it seemed a lot for his body to cope with if it were cold.

Same here, I always give veg to Buttons straight out of the fridge. Perhaps I should leave it out a little while before giving him his veg..... Does it make much difference though :?

Same here, I always give veg to Buttons straight out of the fridge. Perhaps I should leave it out a little while before giving him his veg..... Does it make much difference though :?

Just looking at it logically - if you've always done it & your bun is well, I can't see that it makes any difference. S'pose mine has an "iffy tummy" so I've gone a bit overboard really.

Back