• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT Can any rescues help??

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
A lady on another forum has bought two buns from an obviously awful breeder. This is the post and shes pm'd me about this breeder, i just cant take them i dont have the room and they're miles from me.

This is her original post:

"when i picked up my two rex yesterday i was asked if i wanted two young albino girls (not rex but she said they were part rex)

They dont live together but when in the garden they stay away from each other its just when they are in a hutch they dont get on so maybe if they were spayed and with some time they may live together.

On a down note one of them was born with a lump in her stomach, it makes her look just a little bit bigger and dosnt seem to affect her im told although i dont think she has sen a vet.

these are not my bunnies i saw them briefly last night, they are skittish and id love to be able to get them in a loving home.

I cant give any more details but i can put you in touch with the owner, i really worry about the one with the lump as not many people will be willing to take her im sure.

if i can get another hutch id be tempted myself but as a last resort as i like my bunnies out all the time and the more there are the less time they get out which is why the lady is looking at rehoming so she can give the others more time.

please can someone help out here, i wont rest until i know they ahve forever homes.

sorry for going on but i cant stop thinking about them."

She is willing to give these buns up free, sounds like one needs urgent veterinary examination :? , they are in Leigh.

I've told the lady to contact the RSPCA as this is welfare issue.

There is about 8 Leigh's but I am guessing this is in lancashire :?

Shame we are not closer as we would have helped with the poorly one :(

I'd guess the lump is probably a hernia in a young rabbit, which is usually fixable with an operation.

I can't them on, but could help with transport if needed

Oh thanks guys, it is in leigh lancs, im waiting for her to respond with this breeders details. Starlight is that far from you? Im rubbish at geography!

Kris, :wave: if they can't get to you, I can be a reserve if they can get here. Someone will probably have to e mail me/pm me as I do not always manage to keep up with the forum.

Alice x

Haven't even sorted out this 'Stacey and my buns.....,' but it is not me!!

I'm about half an hour from Leigh and could help with transport or short term accomodation if needed

Kris, :wave: if they can't get to you, I can be a reserve if they can get here. Someone will probably have to e mail me/pm me as I do not always manage to keep up with the forum.

Alice x

That might be a better idea :) especially if this weather continues. Also if it turns out one of the buns does have special needs we could always take her when we collect Lettie and Princess:D

Awww you guys are brill, Im still awaiting a response she must be at work. I dont think we'll know if the bun with the lump is poorly until its collected or looked at by someone that knows what they are doing. This is obviously a bad breeder, this woman gave money for her two :roll:

Alice x

That would be great,:D as at least they won't have to travel as far, especially in this awful weather :(

They could come to me if you want as Theo is coming to mine soon to pick up some GP's. if that helps

Awww you guys are brill, Im still awaiting a response she must be at work. I dont think we'll know if the bun with the lump is poorly until its collected or looked at by someone that knows what they are doing. This is obviously a bad breeder, this woman gave money for her two :roll:

I can go and have a weigh up and get them for who ever is having them:D

I can go and have a weigh up and get them for who ever is having them:D

That would be great Kay, if anything just so they are out of that hellhole!

It'll be easier to assess from that, how fit they are to travel rather than picking them up and transporting straight away.

That would be great Kay, if anything just so they are out of that hellhole!

It'll be easier to assess from that, how fit they are to travel rather than picking them up and transporting straight away.

I don't mind helping at all. It would be interesting to see if I know of her:roll:.

Back